Author Topic: Wanted: 6000l  (Read 2536 times)

simeonbeta2

• View Profile
Wanted: 6000l
« on: September 29, 2005, 01:34:56 pm »
I'm in Modesto California in the USA and trying to aquire an SL-6000L.  I don't currently have any pda/laptop/handheld so this would be my primary portable system.  I really want something that runs linux (btw, what do Zaurus people think about the Nokia 770?) and has a VGA screen.  The 6000 seems like it fits my needs well...

I'm having trouble finding one at a semi-reasonable price: SDG Systems still wants 799 for a new one and right now a guy on Craigslist wants $800 for new-in-box models (has 2 available: http://www.craigslist.org/sby/sys/99943907.html)  I would like to pay less   , but ebay seems to only have 1 model a month or so and I'm getting impatient!

I was just sniped out of a 6000L on ebay that I had high bid on at $560, so am willing to pay reasonable price for good condition 6000. Somewhere between $400-$550 seems fair to me, depending on condition.  I prefer to pay with paypal or will do cash if you are in my area and can swap face to face.

Also if anybody has pointers to online merchants w/ better pricing feel free to reply as well...

mars

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 06:15:25 pm »
I was just sniped out of a 6000L on ebay that I had high bid on at $560,
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97576\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Where were you when I sold my SL6000L on ebay recently. It went for $400.  

If you don't need the unique features of the 6000 (mainly internal 80211.b, portrait orientation, rugged and outdoor viewing) you might want to consider one of the clamshell models which have a landscape VGA screen, much nicer keyboard and are smaller.

For example, the CL-1000 goes for about $450 on pricejapan. I purchased my 860 from them and was amazed at how quickly it arrived from Japan to the states.

You could also consider a used CL-860 (if you don't need USB host right now). I haven't checked, but with newer better clamshells out, you might be able to get one for a decent price. The 860 is probably the most supported in terms of alternate distributions/roms.

- mars
C-3100 (reaquainting myself with Cacko) / Nokia 810 / Nokia N800 / Asus eeePC
Previously owned: SL-5500 / SL-5600 / SL-6000L / C-860 / Nokia 770 / Pepperpad 3

the_oak

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 09:04:43 pm »
I don't blame you for wanting one. I love mine! I'm not selling mine, but there is another on ebay. (Current bid is $.99.) Just search for SL-6000L. Hope you can get the bid this time.
SL-6000L running Sharp 1.12 rom, (SOLD)
Fujitsu U820 with Windows 7
White Intel MacBook

simeonbeta2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 11:17:07 pm »
I don't blame you for wanting one. I love mine! I'm not selling mine, but there is another on ebay. (Current bid is $.99.) Just search for SL-6000L. Hope you can get the bid this time.
Thanks for the heads up.  Just when I'm giving up on Ebay, there are a bunch out there...  I'm high bidder for the one you mentioned (steer clear people, this one's all mine   ) but now there are 3 others as well:this one is new in the box, currently at $56, this one has a buy it now price at $500 for the impatient and finally the craigslist guy from los gatos is putting his new in box 6000L on ebay and stil hoping to get $800 for it... Not gonna happen I suspect ...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 11:20:50 pm by simeonbeta2 »

smooth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 04:34:53 am »
Thanks for the heads up.  Just when I'm giving up on Ebay, there are a bunch out there...  I'm high bidder for the one you mentioned (steer clear people, this one's all mine   ) but now there are 3 others as well:this one is new in the box, currently at $56, this one has a buy it now price at $500 for the impatient and finally the craigslist guy from los gatos is putting his new in box 6000L on ebay and stil hoping to get $800 for it... Not gonna happen I suspect ...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97930\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Did you manage to obtain one? I live down in Orange County and would consider selling my 6000L. I haven't used it for more than 20 hours--probably just enough to show curious friends that PDAs can run linux. But I found out I don't need or want to lug a PDA around. Let me know if you'd like mine and I will provide pictures and details.

yuckymucky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 12:15:52 pm »
Did you manage to obtain one? I live down in Orange County and would consider selling my 6000L. I haven't used it for more than 20 hours--probably just enough to show curious friends that PDAs can run linux. But I found out I don't need or want to lug a PDA around. Let me know if you'd like mine and I will provide pictures and details.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100699\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

How much are you looking to get for yours? I have been looking for one for a while and I would be interested in it.
--------------------------------------
C860 - pdaXrom RC11

awkemacs

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 11:30:27 am »
I'm in Modesto California in the USA and trying to aquire an SL-6000L.  I don't currently have any pda/laptop/handheld so this would be my primary portable system.  I really want something that runs linux (btw, what do Zaurus people think about the Nokia 770?) and has a VGA screen.  The 6000 seems like it fits my needs well...

I'm having trouble finding one at a semi-reasonable price: SDG Systems still wants 799 for a new one and right now a guy on Craigslist wants $800 for new-in-box models (has 2 available: http://www.craigslist.org/sby/sys/99943907.html)  I would like to pay less   , but ebay seems to only have 1 model a month or so and I'm getting impatient!

I was just sniped out of a 6000L on ebay that I had high bid on at $560, so am willing to pay reasonable price for good condition 6000. Somewhere between $400-$550 seems fair to me, depending on condition.  I prefer to pay with paypal or will do cash if you are in my area and can swap face to face.

Also if anybody has pointers to online merchants w/ better pricing feel free to reply as well...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97576\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

See my post in this forum: email me @ awkemacs@yahoo.com