Author Topic: Working Tomtom Nav On Angstrom  (Read 151790 times)

koen

• View Profile
    • http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/cms/
Working Tomtom Nav On Angstrom
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2006, 01:14:05 pm »
I have permission to publish the website of the linux-on-navman site, there's nothing about TTN on it *yet*.
http://www.duff.dk/navman/
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144192\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

it has OE support as well now (took me like 20 seconds)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 06:12:03 am by speculatrix »
Forums are not bugtrackers!!! Smart questions
Ångström release team
iPAQ h2210, iPAQ h5550, iPAQ hx4700, Zaurus SL-C700, Nokia 770, all running some form of GPE
My blog

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2006, 01:23:10 pm »
I have permission to publish the website of the linux-on-navman site, there's nothing about TTN on it *yet*.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144192\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144201\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

do you have a one of these devices yourself?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 06:12:16 am by speculatrix »
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

koen

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2006, 01:41:36 pm »

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144201\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

do you have a one of these devices yourself?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144202\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I haven't, but I might buy one since I would like to have a device that can log gpx tracks for me. Right now a 770 + bluetooth gps does the job for me
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 06:12:29 am by speculatrix »
Ångström release team
iPAQ h2210, iPAQ h5550, iPAQ hx4700, Zaurus SL-C700, Nokia 770, all running some form of GPE
My blog

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2006, 04:18:11 pm »
I haven't, but I might buy one since I would like to have a device that can log gpx tracks for me. Right now a 770 + bluetooth gps does the job for me
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

there's a really excellent logger that you simply install on a tomtom go's SD card and it provides GPX track logs (can import into google earth), add POIs etc. [a href=\"http://web.tiscali.it/macri/Event_Logger/]http://web.tiscali.it/macri/Event_Logger/[/url]
You could almost certainly port it to 770+GPS combo.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

koen

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2006, 04:59:17 pm »
If you have gpsd you can have a much lighter solutions:

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
echo "PADSV" | nc -w 1 0 2947

Do that every minute and log to a file. When you get home you run this script over the log:

Code: [Select]
#!/usr/bin/awk -f
BEGIN {
        printf("\n\n\t\n\t\t");
}
{
        printf("\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t%s\n\t\t\t\n",$1,$2,$4,$3);
}
END {
        printf("\t\t
\n\t
\n
\n");
}

That should give you a valid gpx file
Ångström release team
My blog

zaurick

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2006, 04:03:09 pm »
I'm searching people who can help me to port the tomtom sound driver module to zaurus.

We have sources of tomtom original driver ,they use the WM8711 soundchip and we use the WM8750 (on SLC3000) (they must not be too different).

I have tried to get all syscall from ttn about the sound, but i can't use them to output sound trough /dev/dsp.  

I think that the solution is to write a kernel module driver to have the tomtom sound on zaurus, but i don't know how to do that.

Current state is :
- Display of ttn on SLC3000 OK
- Touchscreen is OK
- GPS via any serial gps device is OK
- Planning route is OK

Config:
- SL-C3000
- OZ3541
- Update kernel with QVGA mode
- USB host cable
- Bluetooth D-LINK DBT-120 dongle.(i'm going to try a CF bluetooth card)
- A GPS bluetooth receiver from ebay.

Zomtom is already useable, i have used it many times in my car.  
The only thing that is missing is the sound.

Thanks to Speculatrix and www.duff.dk for their help !

escuse my poor english, i'm french.

I hope that some people can do someting for zomtom sound.

Thanks

Ling

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2006, 01:07:48 pm »
I am interested in this and would like to get the maps. I see several sellers on eBay selling the maps on SD. I assume those are the ones that are not legit. I searched around on eBay and did not see any cheap devices. I did see a number that are selling the TomTom Navigator software (Palm/WinCE) that seems to include the maps. Will this get me what I need. It would seem to be an inexpensive way to get a legitimate set of maps. I am in complete agreement with you that we don't want to take $$ out of the pockets of folks who are following the GPL/LGPL and sharing with the community. I have a Garmin etrex that I have used with gpsdrive, etc. The other solutions were so feature limited that I found it easier just to use the etrex. This looks like a great deal.
SL-C3200 w/ pdaXii13 5.3
SL-C860 w/ OZ GPE 3.4.1
Accessories: 4GB Microdrive, 4GB Transcend SD, Linksys WFC12 CF 802.11b, Ambicom CF Modem, Socket Bluetooth

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.pocketnix.org
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2006, 09:11:12 pm »
so how exactlly are they outputting sound? is it a user space driver that maps the mem segment (via /dev/mem) and plays with the mem mapped regs direcctly or is it a oss thing

if its oss i can help as i have just spent some time mastering alsa sound configs with oss and dmixing if its a mem mapped thing then i could posibly help as well as low level hardware is my thing
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

Gemini Order: #95 (roughly)
Current Device: Samsung Chromebook Gen 3
Current Arm Devices Count: ~30
Looking to acquire: Cavium Thunder X2 Hardware

zaurick

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2006, 03:00:01 am »
so how exactlly are they outputting sound? is it a user space driver that maps the mem segment (via /dev/mem) and plays with the mem mapped regs direcctly or is it a oss thing
They use mapping of memory via mmap.
All sound command are send by ioctl to a special device /dev/barc_snd.
They use their own driver called coolsound, source is aviable as GPL.
if its a mem mapped thing then i could posibly help as well as low level hardware is my thing
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149394\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Good, it's the last part of porting ttn to zaurus, and when sound is ok, i think that we  will can send our work to tomtom company and ask them to release an official tomtom for zauruses.

regards,

offthefront

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2006, 09:20:57 am »
I think I have all the bits together to give this a go now.
C3100 running OZ (2.6 kernel)
An old TomTom go to get the files from
Bluetooth dongle and bluetooth gps receiver

Are there any detailed instructions on how to get this running? When I tried some the instructions posted earlier on this thread, I didn't get very far, chrooted into /home/tomtom then ran ttn and my zaurus resets. Are there devices I need to create, things like that? Would be keen to have this working, even without sound.

Cheers, Sue
Sue.

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2006, 01:54:00 am »
coolsound seems to be an alsa device, hmmm

why not symlink from /dev/barc_snd to /dev/oss and then try linking it to the /dev/snd/control or /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p (PCM Card 0 Device 0 playback)

i think that they are just using a diffrent node name/placment so the symlink should fix that, lets hope anyway. now to work out which node it needs to be attached to (my bets on the pcmC0D0p node)

when i ment memorey mapped i ment mapping of /dev/mem and twiddling the bits in user space. looks like they didnt do that (thank god) as emulating that would be a B$%*&%^
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2006, 09:39:03 am »
I think I have all the bits together to give this a go now.
C3100 running OZ (2.6 kernel)
An old TomTom go to get the files from
Bluetooth dongle and bluetooth gps receiver

Are there any detailed instructions on how to get this running? When I tried some the instructions posted earlier on this thread, I didn't get very far, chrooted into /home/tomtom then ran ttn and my zaurus resets. Are there devices I need to create, things like that? Would be keen to have this working, even without sound.

Cheers, Sue
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149449\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Hi,
yes, you have to have a /home/tomtom/dev and a /home/tomtom/proc to mimic the real thing.

I'm on vacation at the moment (sad, aren't I, still finding time to visit the forums!), and will post some more info soon as I can!

Paul

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2006, 07:35:13 pm »
i assume that there needs to be a bind mount on those dirs (ie mount --bind /dev /heme/tomtom/dev and mount -t proc proc /home/tomtom/proc, thank you gentoo)
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2007, 09:19:28 am »
i assume that there needs to be a bind mount on those dirs (ie mount --bind /dev /heme/tomtom/dev and mount -t proc proc /home/tomtom/proc, thank you gentoo)
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149610\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

you can always copy the /dev directory

/proc can be filled with dummy files

on the c3100 you can repartition and make a really big hdd2 ext3 partition and store the whole of tomtom with maps; on an 860 or 1000 you will need to ensure that the flash card is mounted where ttn can see it, /home/tomtom/mnd/sdcard if I remember correctly.

zaurick

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2007, 11:46:49 am »
coolsound seems to be an alsa device, hmmm

why not symlink from /dev/barc_snd to /dev/oss and then try linking it to the /dev/snd/control or /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p (PCM Card 0 Device 0 playback)

i think that they are just using a diffrent node name/placment so the symlink should fix that, lets hope anyway. now to work out which node it needs to be attached to (my bets on the pcmC0D0p node)

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149534\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I have tried that but don't work, it's not the same IOCTL.
It look like an alsa device, but they use another API.

I think that we need to make a kernel module for the sound.