Author Topic: Openzaurus 3.5.4 Released  (Read 45802 times)

Hrw

• View Profile
Openzaurus 3.5.4 Released
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2006, 03:32:02 pm »
I have working zbedic on my c760 - just installed from feed.
OpenZaurus 3.5.4x Release Manager
OpenEmbedded, Ångström, Poky developer
My website

Misc embedded hardware.

nax

• View Profile
    • http://www.nax.cz
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2006, 03:56:54 pm »
It wasn't problem of zbedic package, but something wrong if I boot SD as / (3 in altboot).

Now I have tried just [1] in altboot (root on internal flash) and now all problems disapeared. Name resolving working (after seting that in gui for network) and also package manager working as expected. Now I'm installing lot of packages to SD card (but root on SD whould be better - you know if I achieve max allowed rewrite of SD card I can simply chang it, but if somethig went wrong with internal flash ...

That's why I would like to have as much as possible on SD card and internal flash rewite only if upgrading to newer OZ.

But it looks altboot with root fs on SD is not usable righ now. It's pitty.
SL5500, wifi CF linksys wcf11, bluetooth CF nokia DTL-4 card, SD 512MB
OpenZaurus 3.5.4 OPIE, altboot [3] - / on SD card

matthias.meyser

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2006, 04:10:00 pm »
[/QUOTE]Thanks to all OZ developers you`ve done a great job!
I really like the new OZ release.

But I have a litte "spooky" Problem.  

First: my configuration

SL5500G collie flashed with bootstrap-image-3.5.4-collie.initrd.bin
then I installed opie-image-3.5.4-collie.rootfs.tar.gz in my 256MB
SD card via altboot option 5.

after that booting opie from SD card works fine.

And now the problem.

during startup  "/etc/rcS.d/S37populate-volatile.sh" should amoung other things
make the following link "/etc/resolv.conf -> /var/run/resolv.conf"

it doesn`t. or better it creates something i don`t understand.

root@collie:~# cd /etc
root@collie:/etc# ls -la resolv.conf
ls: resolv.conf: Input/output error
root@collie:/etc# touch resolv.conf
root@collie:/etc# ls -la resolv.conf
ls: resolv.conf: Input/output error
root@collie:/etc# rm resolv.conf
rm: unable to stat `resolv.conf': Input/output error
root@collie:/etc# mv resolv.conf spooky
root@collie:/etc# ls -la spooky
ls: spooky: Input/output error
root@collie:/etc#

as you can see there is "something". after moving it away an running
"/etc/rcS.d/S37populate-volatile.sh" by hand the link is fine.

any comments?

grog

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2006, 08:39:28 pm »
I had downloaded & created a package for my own use of bl from here, which I found as a reference from this post. It worked great on my poodle under GPE.

Now I just ran 'ipkg upgrade' & my package was replaced by the version from the base feed. okay, except for the fact that it no longer works . I now get an error:

Code: [Select]
grog@grond[pts/0][~]$ bl 0

Unable to open /dev/touchscreen/0
/dev/touchscreen doesn't exist. Any ideas? thks
GROG!

CoreDump

• View Profile
    • http://www.hentges.net
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2006, 01:22:01 am »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120756\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Funny, I use that day in day out....
Webmaster of hentges.net & Embedded Linux Developer.

Misiurei

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2006, 03:23:52 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120756\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120999\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Ok, then please help me. I am on tosa and have tried the experimental altboot version. When booting either sd (1GB in 3 partitions, 2 ext2, one vfat)) or cf (one partition ext2) it hangs in the /dev/loop0-sequence. It cannot read the file-system. OZs are stored in the /boot-images/ folder and they are correctly recognized.
Normal boot into opie works fine.
Thank you in advance for advice
Sebastian

CoreDump

• View Profile
    • http://www.hentges.net
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2006, 03:44:51 pm »

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120999\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Ok, then please help me. I am on tosa and have tried the experimental altboot version. When booting either sd (1GB in 3 partitions, 2 ext2, one vfat)) or cf (one partition ext2) it hangs in the /dev/loop0-sequence. It cannot read the file-system. OZs are stored in the /boot-images/ folder and they are correctly recognized.
Sebastian
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121117\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Are you sure you are trying to boot a ext2 loop-image and not a .jffs2 fashable rootfs?
Webmaster of hentges.net & Embedded Linux Developer.

Misiurei

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2006, 09:49:09 am »

Sebastian
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121117\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Are you sure you are trying to boot a ext2 loop-image and not a .jffs2 fashable rootfs?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121118\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Ok, got that. Be patient with me, I am only a philosopher. But altboot is still resisting. It had problems accepting the sd-card configuration mentioned above, with a splitted card (500 mb vfat and 500 ext2) it is more happy. After having learned by myself how to transfer bz2-archives into tar.gz ones (why that, by the way? why do we find files in the feed we cannot use?), the rootfs-building process of the e-17 image went fine ... just until the end. Again altboot is not satisfied with loop0, next time I will write the exact formulation, but it is looking for something that doesn't exist.
Has anybody here installed e-17 image via altboot on tosa using altboot? Am I doing something wrong or is there a mistake inside...?

Thanx!
The message is: losetup:ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: No such device or adress
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 11:26:36 am by Misiurei »

grog

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2006, 10:53:59 am »
I'm having a problem on my poodle (pxa-250) running GPE (I don't know if it's gui related) & I'd like to know if anyone else can recreate this before I enter a bug for it.

My Z has both it's usbd0 & wlan0 interfaces active & the wlan0 is connected to my wifi lan. I then place the active Z in it's cradle OR reboot the Z while in it's cradled & all's fine - I can connect via either interface. I then take the Z out of the cradle, re-cradle & within a few seconds it locks up & has to be hard reset. If I 'ifdown usbd0' or if wlan0 wasn't active in the first place before the cradle dance then it's fine. If I 'ifup usbd0' after the cradle dance (& wlan0 is active) it locks up.

GROG!

grog

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2006, 11:32:01 am »
I'm having a problem on my poodle (pxa-250) running GPE (I don't know if it's gui related) & I'd like to know if anyone else can recreate this before I enter a bug for it.

My Z has both it's usbd0 & wlan0 interfaces active & the wlan0 is connected to my wifi lan. I then place the active Z in it's cradle OR reboot the Z while in it's cradled & all's fine - I can connect via either interface. I then take the Z out of the cradle, re-cradle & within a few seconds it locks up & has to be hard reset. If I 'ifdown usbd0' or if wlan0 wasn't active in the first place before the cradle dance then it's fine. If I 'ifup usbd0' after the cradle dance (& wlan0 is active) it locks up.[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121375\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
UDPATE: if I actually unload the usb modules instead of just 'ifdown usbd0' before doing the cradle dance & then reload them afterwards, all's fine.

Code: [Select]
pre-dance:

/sbin/rmmod pxa_bi
/sbin/rmmod net_fd
/sbin/rmmod usbdcore

post-dance:

/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix/kernel/drivers/usb/device/usbdcore.o
/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix/kernel/drivers/usb/device/net_fd/net_fd.o
/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix/kernel/drivers/usb/device/bi/pxa_bi.o
GROG!

michaelsonline

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2006, 08:37:20 pm »
Oops, I've got a problem with this installation: every reboot resets time to 13 Mar 06 00:32.
SL5500, 64-0, opie. md5 sums are ok.
I've tried to boot from root and from sd card with the same result.
I didn't have such problems with previous installs (including test5).
What can I do with this problem?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119390\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

le_bul_de_sier I also have the same problem with rebooting causeing the time to reset to march 13 06 00:32
Anyone know how to fix this please?

Btw I would like to thank the openzaurus team for such wonderful work

thanks
Michael
Palm III -> Palm IIIxe -> Palm V -> Palm M100 -> Palm TE -> HP Jornada 540 -> Palm Z71 (hardware modified) -> Garmin Ique 3600 -> Sharp Zaurus 5000d (Hentges openzaurus_oz3.5.4.1-alpha3-opie1.2.1-T1-RC5, root on 1 gig sd) Socket LA4100 Spectrum24 CF wifi card.

Greg2

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2006, 08:59:51 pm »
le_bul_de_sier I also have the same problem with rebooting causeing the time to reset to march 13 06 00:32
Anyone know how to fix this please?
There's a script with instructions in this thread:
https://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18452

Greg

grog

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2006, 06:52:24 am »
I've installed miniclipboard, but when I try add it the process shows running but nothing shows up on the taskbar. Is there any magic incantation required to use it? thks
GROG!

abercoder

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2006, 08:56:34 pm »
I've managed to solve the resolv.conf probelm (through somewhat of an ugly hack) by taking the tar.gz image, extracting it on my desktop PC, removing /etc/default/volatiles/01_resolv.conf and creating /etc/resolv.conf as a real file with my dns settings in it (although dhcp should override these). Then turning this into a new tar.gz file and installing it to the sd card on my zaurus.

I can't see why the default setup caused this problem, but this lets me get round it.

omro

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2006, 07:00:36 pm »
I got a few questions regarding OZ

1. does the fbvncserver in OPIE support the C3x00 models, ie is the keyboard mapped correctly for those models or has it only been recompiled?

2. is firefox and jamvm integrated, ie is there a java plugin for jamvm or any other java clones) that enables java applets in firefox?

3. since the openoffice port requires glibc 2.3 and OZ GPE is using 2.3, will openoffice install and run in OZ?

4. is it possible to install both OPIE and GPE and run them concurrently via a fb?, ie run one environment in the foreground while connecting to the other via a vnc client?

5. can I run my existing Sharp apps, ie the dictionary and translator applications on OPIE using compat libs?

6. can Chinese support be installed by simply installing the chinese locale and chinese fonts?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120168\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I'm definitely curious about meanie's questions, especially the one about openoffice. Being able to run openoffice on openzaurus would be fantastic. :-)
Zaurus C-1000