Author Topic: Archos Doesn't Charge Anymore  (Read 2686 times)

sampie

• View Profile
Archos Doesn't Charge Anymore
« on: April 26, 2006, 09:25:50 am »
I have bought an archos player on ebay and when i got it this morning everything wa great, i put my music on it, checked a short movie. But when i tried to charge it, the light didn't light up and now if i try to start it up, the only thing I see is the bootscreen. The bootscreen remains as long as I hold the on-button, when I release it, the archos turns down. Can I do something?

greets

dbowden

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 10:07:20 am »
I have bought an archos player on ebay and when i got it this morning everything wa great, i put my music on it, checked a short movie. But when i tried to charge it, the light didn't light up and now if i try to start it up, the only thing I see is the bootscreen. The bootscreen remains as long as I hold the on-button, when I release it, the archos turns down. Can I do something?

greets
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124647\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Yeah -- it sounds like it isn't charging.  What model is it?  The early Jukeboxes had a lot of trouble with broken solder joints at the battery connectors.

David
C1000 running Cacko 1.23 (needs new video cable)
1GB SD
4GB microdrive
Modified Creative Zen Remote
C760 running pdaXrom R197

sampie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 10:18:23 am »
gmini 500, it's new...

dbowden

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 10:32:23 am »
gmini 500, it's new...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124653\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Sorry -- I haven't seen a gmini yet.  I can't really help.  

It can only be one of three things though: the AC supply, the battery, or the charging circuitry.  

Fortunately, the ease of repair for each is proportional to the probability of a fault.
(The easiest things to fix are more likely to be the problem).

Check the usual suspects: Make sure your adaptor is supplying power.  It it is, see if you can find a way to charge the battery externally.  If you can do both, then it's the charging circuitry.  

Sorry I couldn't help more,

David
C1000 running Cacko 1.23 (needs new video cable)
1GB SD
4GB microdrive
Modified Creative Zen Remote
C760 running pdaXrom R197

sampie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:38:15 am »
can the gmini be charged via usb with the datatransfercable? Because my iriver h320 could do this. And if so, that isn't working either...

scottwb555

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 05:26:36 pm »
i had the same problem with the av500, and i believe that i have both good news and bad news for you.
the good news is, you can get your device working again
the bad news is, youll have to deal with tech support, send the device in, and in the process of fixing it, they either clear the hard drive or get you a new one

believe me, i tried everything on my av500, and the only thing that worked was getteing aa new one, that archos supplied for free, which was good.(you will have to pay one way shipping though)

sampie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 04:34:03 am »
Okee, thanks, i was afraid so. I'm from belgium and i bought the archos player via ebay from a guy in austria. I have the ticket with me , now the only thing that bothers me, where can I get a new one? I can't go to the store I bought it because it's in austria. Thanks in advance.