Author Topic: Av 700 Tv Pod Connection Problem  (Read 2026 times)

NOI Coach

• View Profile
Av 700 Tv Pod Connection Problem
« on: April 16, 2006, 10:31:33 pm »
I just purchased the AV 700 and am trying to hook the tv pod up to my av system.  I would like to be able to record from my DVD, DirecTV TIVO unit, and D-Link Media Player without having to change the cable from device to device.  Any simple suggestions on how to get the AV In signal into the pod?  I have each device wired into my Sony 42" TV through different inputs with my Satelite TIVO receiver utilizing the DVI HD input.  PLEASE HELP ME!!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 10:32:29 pm by NOI Coach »

DVCake

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 12:46:21 pm »
I just purchased the AV 700 and am trying to hook the tv pod up to my av system.  I would like to be able to record from my DVD, DirecTV TIVO unit, and D-Link Media Player without having to change the cable from device to device.  Any simple suggestions on how to get the AV In signal into the pod?  I have each device wired into my Sony 42" TV through different inputs with my Satelite TIVO receiver utilizing the DVI HD input.  PLEASE HELP ME!!!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123464\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Visit your local Radio Shack and pick up a video switcher. Connect all your devices to the switcher and the output to the pod.  If your devices do not have an additional output get some Y cables and split them out.  

Does your your sony TV have A/V out? You could route it to the pod throught the A/V out and record whatever is being routed to the TV.

~DC

NOI Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 10:56:22 pm »
The problem with a switcher is many of the devices do not allow an analog out if you are utilizing the digital options. i.e. the TIVO HD unit does not have any analog outs when using the HDMI option.  UGGH.  As far as the RCA outputs on my tv...I thought that was the simple solution.  Problem is that the only video signal that comes out of that section is the tuner, not the other switchable inputs.  I don't know why that is.  I guess I will have to find out from Sony's tech support.  

Still searching for the answer...The only thing that I have come up with so far is to route all of my video switching through my AV Receiver and letting it serve as the AV switch....I am concerned about video degradation for my everyday use.

DVCake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 08:15:58 pm »
The problem with a switcher is many of the devices do not allow an analog out if you are utilizing the digital options. i.e. the TIVO HD unit does not have any analog outs when using the HDMI option.  UGGH.  As far as the RCA outputs on my tv...I thought that was the simple solution.  Problem is that the only video signal that comes out of that section is the tuner, not the other switchable inputs.  I don't know why that is.  I guess I will have to find out from Sony's tech support. 

Still searching for the answer...The only thing that I have come up with so far is to route all of my video switching through my AV Receiver and letting it serve as the AV switch....I am concerned about video degradation for my everyday use.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123577\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Ah, you are stuck in format connection hell. You would have to invest in a gang of digital to analog converters then connect them to an anolog switcher to route to the AV500 pod for recording.

NOI Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 04:35:26 pm »
I ended up placing the device in line with my DVD recorder as a pass through.  I will simply have to relent to the fact that this will be in an analog format...working well though.  Thanks for the help to everyone.