Author Topic: Zaurus Sl-c700 Qtopia And Driver Installation Prob  (Read 5915 times)

carlc7

• View Profile
Zaurus Sl-c700 Qtopia And Driver Installation Prob
« on: May 28, 2006, 03:14:22 am »
Hi!

I just downloaded the Qtopia Software and Driver for cl-700, but I am having problems with it. After I installed the Qtopia Software, I unzip the cl-700 driver to a folder in my PC, but afterwards when I clicked on synchronize, it doesn't work.

I've already configured the Zaurus Manager (USB-IO default) to conform to both the PC and Zaurus, but still it won't work.

How do I install the driver? I just unzipped it to a folder in my pC. I don't know if its correct or not. Please help!

Byapti

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 07:44:50 am »
Hi,

I think the Qtopia article on http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT7319394180.html
 may be helpful in this discussion.

This popular white paper is written by some engineering folks from our organization Mindfire Solutions (http://www.mindfiresolutions.com).

I hope you find it useful!

Cheers,
Byapti

tux

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 04:54:00 am »
Quote from: carlc7
Hi!

I just downloaded the Qtopia Software and Driver for cl-700, but I am having problems with it. After I installed the Qtopia Software, I unzip the cl-700 driver to a folder in my PC, but afterwards when I clicked on synchronize, it doesn't work.

I've already configured the Zaurus Manager (USB-IO default) to conform to both the PC and Zaurus, but still it won't work.

How do I install the driver? I just unzipped it to a folder in my pC. I don't know if its correct or not. Please help!
 Hi, hope this helps.

Uninstall the Zaurus manager software first. Try to install the driver before installing the software  again.

The process for installing the drivers for Windows is straightforward, in theory. You do need the drivers in some location, in a directory on your desktop is fine.

Connect your Z to the desktop by usb cable and switch it on. The desktop should notice that new hardware is present and go through the process of setting it up. Basically, windows asks if it should set the drivers up automatically. Say no and use the method where you tell it where the software is. That means, at the appropriate time, direct it to the directory you put the drivers in.

Next step is to reinstall the Intellisync program and Zaurus manager. This is a normal Windows set up process. When complete,  run the Zaurus manager.  Set it and the Z as you did before.  You could then change from the ordinary usb settings in Pclink to the fancier one. Match those settings in Zaurus manager. In theory, the Windows system will notice the change and ask for more drivers. If it doesn't then switch the Z off, wait a little and turn it back on. You then go through the driver set up in the same way as before, direct Windows to look for the files in the same directory as before.

You can then run the software on the PC to make your choices about what to sync and to use Outlook, Palm desktop or whatever other choice there is.

In theory you are now set up to go.

If this is what you wanted but not very clear, I strongly urge you to visit Trisoft.de and download their manual, or look at it online. There is also a Howto on their site which is very thorough, complete with screenshots. I realise that the second post here gave a link to a site. The link has useful information but it is irrelevant to your question.

The trisoft site has relevant information!

Of course searching this forum is helpful. You might try downloading some of the other zips of the pc software and drivers.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 04:59:38 am by tux »
3200 aka BigZ, swapped in 16GB Sandisk Extreme III CF, Cacko 1.23 full,  new SDHC >2GB module,
SL860 Cacko 1.23 full, new SDHC >2GB module,
6000L SharpRom 1.12 + Tetsu kernel,
5500 TKC home on SD x 2 (with SD>1GB),
Archos PMA30 with OPEN PMA (Giraffe),
Nokia 770 (Hackers Edition)
Nokia 800 (ITOS 2008), 4GB SDHC x 2
Asus eeepc 4G (black), with 1GB ram, dual boot Xandros on SSD with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on 16 GB SDHC,
Tmobile G1 Android (black), with Cyanogen's  Firerat's MTD script and Amon Ra Recovery 1.7.0
Tmobile HTC Wildfire.. rooted and on Cyanogen's 7.3 nightly Rom
Kopi/Kapi on everything bar the phone and the Nokias, there is a beta for the nokias...

All the above are retired

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!