Author Topic: Feature Request  (Read 1508 times)

newkirk

• View Profile
    • http://myzaur.us
Feature Request
« on: December 05, 2006, 01:42:19 pm »
I wanted to post a feature request - support for different wallpapers in portrait or landscape.

It would pretty much require the ability to change wallpaper without restarting the desktop, as has been necessary in the past.  (currently - r121 - change wallpaper settings and desktop goes away)  Ideally, if matchbox-desktop receives SIGHUP it should recheck its configs and refresh as needed for font/icon/wallpaper/etc changes, as well as when rotating.  (in fact, SIGHUP seems to do nothing, while SIGALRM handling seems intended to reload but simply terminates?  How is it notified to repaint after rotation?)

If that were supported, it'd be a simple matter to write scripts in /etc/sysconfig/clamshell/landscape.d and portrait.d to change the settings before rotating.    I've tried changing the configured wallpaper manually then rotating display, but even though some signal is sent to matchbox telling it to rotate, it doesn't appear to reread configs at that point.

j
newkirk @ myzaur.us
pdaxrom @ newkirk.us
SL-5600, SL-C860
Socket & Ambicom WiFis
Billionton bluetooth
Lexar 256mb CF & SD

zi99y

• View Profile
Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:26:43 pm »
As many (most?) pdaxrom users ditch matchbox/openbox for other WM's and desktops, it wouldn't be that important really.

When I used fluxbox I managed it by doing a "killall fbsetbg" then restarting when whenever the screen rotated. you could probably just use fbsetbg with your current wm if you really want it.

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
Feature Request
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 05:58:06 pm »
As many (most?) pdaxrom users ditch matchbox/openbox for other WM's and desktops, it wouldn't be that important really.

When I used fluxbox I managed it by doing a "killall fbsetbg" then restarting when whenever the screen rotated. you could probably just use fbsetbg with your current wm if you really want it.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148268\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

How about rox background? I think most people use ROX in one way or another with their other WMs.
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

zi99y

• View Profile
Feature Request
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 04:54:44 am »
Yes I've been lookin into this but can't find an easy way to get rox to redraw the background - the method of killing and respawning would work but with something like Rox it wouldn't reload all that quick.