Author Topic: Update  (Read 4071 times)

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.pocketnix.org
Update
« on: December 07, 2006, 05:32:23 am »
Okey dokie

well here is how it is: i just haad an online drive failure that hung up my machine. caused my / partion to hose itself beyond repair however the /home parrtion was fine and the dirve just needs to be reformatted  

so i am switching back to an i386 distro (fedora core 6) ratherr than run a x866-64 distro  (too many hasseles) thiis means i get xen support   with full system virtulisation

now my MB has on board video and i have a video card in as well  so i can now put windows on its own monitor (buy giving it exsclusive accsses to the videa card) and get full speed (or close too it) 3d graphics under windows, this means that a wholee lot of  problems majically go away and it will speed up development ass i can run all my windows cad software at full speed (and they are ram/cpu hogs)

so i am happy. things should start progreessing now and we should start to see this  project move a bit faster

this haas also  convinced me to get a raid 5 setup, those 400G drives are very cheap at the moment (AU$190)
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

Gemini Order: #95 (roughly)
Current Device: Samsung Chromebook Gen 3
Current Arm Devices Count: ~30
Looking to acquire: Cavium Thunder X2 Hardware