Author Topic: Mobile Clone Dvd Upgrade  (Read 2682 times)

tripdad

• View Profile
Mobile Clone Dvd Upgrade
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:34:01 am »
received an email from Slysoft today.  Looks like they have an upgrade available for Mobile Cloned DVD that addresses the issue with .avi file for Archos products; "- Fix: .avi files bigger than 1 GByte were not played correctly
  by a lot of mobile devices, like Creative Labs ZEN Vision or
  all Archos devices"

Will test out when I get my unit back from return!

Tim

Paris7

• View Profile
Mobile Clone Dvd Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:27:53 pm »
received an email from Slysoft today.  Looks like they have an upgrade available for Mobile Cloned DVD that addresses the issue with .avi file for Archos products; "- Fix: .avi files bigger than 1 GByte were not played correctly
  by a lot of mobile devices, like Creative Labs ZEN Vision or
  all Archos devices"

Will test out when I get my unit back from return!

Tim
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138912\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Dear Tim,

Thanks for that information, I'll be very interested to hear more. I do find the Archos AV 500 a mind boggling piece of kit really.  My only disappointments are that for some reason it can't cope with true 16x9 video input from a camera - when played back it's" squeezed" and that it would make a seriously good monitor if only the framing were right.

I look forward to hearing from you

Stuart

Archos700Fan

• View Profile
Mobile Clone Dvd Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 09:25:43 pm »
CloneDVDMobile New Version Works - - Corrects the 1GB problem.

I got home last night and tried out the new version CloneDVDMobile 1.1.1.0 with Harry Potter Goblet of Fire (longest movie I could think of that we own). Set it at max quality for the Archos 700 and it produced a file of 1.25GB. Moved the file to A700 and it recognized it as filesize 1.28GB and reports duration of 2 hr 37 mins. Start it in the video player and it shows duration of 2 hr 37 mins and plays it right through to the last credit.

KUDOS to SLYSOFT for responding to this and making it work right. I am a very happy owner of AnyDVD and CloneDVDMobile and recommend to anyone wanting to shift their DVDs to the their mobile device.

Mike