Author Topic: Serious Travel Kit For Zaurii  (Read 7271 times)

Curious Aardvark

• View Profile
    • http://
Serious Travel Kit For Zaurii
« on: June 05, 2005, 02:09:40 pm »
www.addonsworld.com
I've just bought the mini travel kit for zaurus (not sure about c1000/3000) but all the rest no problem.

£19 including p&p (approx $32). I get mains usb port (plug into socket anywhere in the world and get a powered usb port) car charger (powered usb port from from cigarette lighter) and a z-specific retractable cable that acts as data and charger from usb port (hence the relevancy of the powered usb port devices).
Has the added benefit of also charging/powering my obscure taiwanese mp3 player (20gb ipod ripoff for under £120 - gogopod) and any other usb charged device you might own

addonsworld have large section on ebay - but better selection from their website. Also - and this is a huge plus for me - they use Worldpay as well as paypal. So no stupid paypal account required :-)

I'll add to this post when goods arrive - I'm off to canada in 3 days, if it arrives for then I'll be a happy bunny if not - then they lied on their website :-)
Zaurus: 5500 & c860. 512mb bytestor hi-speed sd card. 256mb lexar cf, 128mb kodak cf, 128mb lexar sd, pink origo wireless cf card (faster than usb stick on my laptop) Car charger, usb sync/charger cable, fastest thumbs in the west ! :-)
Sharp roms on both.

ninjafoo

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 06:51:42 pm »
not sure about c1000/3000
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82881\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
They don't appear to have anything C1000/3000 specific :/

Curious Aardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 04:55:58 am »
Well that's me impressed. I ordered sunday, they sent me email to say it was posted monday and my postie just delivered it tuesday morning :-)

The charge/data cable is currently plugged into my laptop charging 860 :-) It will extend to five different lengths, approx 10inches to about 3 1/2 foot, has really good solid connection to zaurus - much better than the sharp data cable that came with z. Long enough to use z in bed on my wireless network, small enough when reeled to take anywhere :-)
I'll probably get another mini cable when I get back to keep permanently in my car/toolkit with the car charger.

The usb travel plug has got it's own little bag which will take the car charger and cable as well with no problem. (plugs in travel charger, z charge light comes on :-)

So I'm a happy Aardvark who doesn't have to lug a laptop round with him now :-).
On the balance of this single order, I have to say I'm seriously impressed with addonsworld.com and would recommend this kit to anyone with z 5000 - 860. I'm sure if enough of you emailed them they'd produce a mini cable for the newer models - assuming there is a difference in the data connection - I don't know ?-)
I'll let you know how well it all worked when I get back from canada.
BTW - I didn't get the kit with the battery extender pack, cos I bought one of those last time I went to canada with my 5500 :-)

See you in a couple of weeks :-)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 05:07:59 am by Curious Aardvark »
Zaurus: 5500 & c860. 512mb bytestor hi-speed sd card. 256mb lexar cf, 128mb kodak cf, 128mb lexar sd, pink origo wireless cf card (faster than usb stick on my laptop) Car charger, usb sync/charger cable, fastest thumbs in the west ! :-)
Sharp roms on both.

Curious Aardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 08:19:32 am »
Back from canada - one point: don't anybody never ever eat a tim hortons banana creme donut !
So apart from the week long dose of food poisoning, had great time. The usb mains charger works brilliantly - seems to charge up faster than either usb from a computer or the mains charger. As weather was ridiculously hot I did a lot of reading sitting under fans - all on my z of course.

So there you go, the travel kit = excellent value for money, reliable and does the job really well. Buy one :-)
Sharp roms on both.

bluedevils

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 11:15:53 am »
The canadian in me says hmmmm....tim horton's!!!!  Sorry off topic
I'm now an iphone user and use my zaurii as serial terminals, perl and shell scripting and when I need 640x480 screens

sl-c3100/pda cacko 1.23 | sl-6000l/needs battery | sl-c760/server pdaxrom rc12 | Former sl-5500/tkcrom owner (sister's birthday gift)

tux

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 06:48:23 am »

www.addonsworld.com
I've just bought the mini travel kit for zaurus (not sure about c1000/3000) but all the rest no problem.

£19 including p&p (approx $32). I get mains usb port (plug into socket anywhere in the world and get a powered usb port) car charger (powered usb port from from cigarette lighter) and a z-specific retractable cable that acts as data and charger from usb port (hence the relevancy of the powered usb port devices).
Has the added benefit of also charging/powering my obscure taiwanese mp3 player (20gb ipod ripoff for under £120 - gogopod) and any other usb charged device you might own

addonsworld have large section on ebay - but better selection from their website. Also - and this is a huge plus for me - they use Worldpay as well as paypal. So no stupid paypal account required :-)

I'll add to this post when goods arrive - I'm off to canada in 3 days, if it arrives for then I'll be a happy bunny if not - then they lied on their website :-)
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82881\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Just to say I ordered the 'plus' kit, which includes the battery extender, and that, as Curious Aardvark says later on, I received my order within two days (admittedly I'm in the UK where this company lives..)

I'm thoroughly pleased with the kit!

www.addonsworld.co.uk seems to be the current link

Cheers
3200 aka BigZ, swapped in 16GB Sandisk Extreme III CF, Cacko 1.23 full,  new SDHC >2GB module,
SL860 Cacko 1.23 full, new SDHC >2GB module,
6000L SharpRom 1.12 + Tetsu kernel,
5500 TKC home on SD x 2 (with SD>1GB),
Archos PMA30 with OPEN PMA (Giraffe),
Nokia 770 (Hackers Edition)
Nokia 800 (ITOS 2008), 4GB SDHC x 2
Asus eeepc 4G (black), with 1GB ram, dual boot Xandros on SSD with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on 16 GB SDHC,
Tmobile G1 Android (black), with Cyanogen's  Firerat's MTD script and Amon Ra Recovery 1.7.0
Tmobile HTC Wildfire.. rooted and on Cyanogen's 7.3 nightly Rom
Kopi/Kapi on everything bar the phone and the Nokias, there is a beta for the nokias...

All the above are retired

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!

landloper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 08:08:10 pm »
Wow, this kit looks great for this gramhunting backpackhiker. Thanks for the tip. Two questions:
1. Will anyone be so nice to find out the weight of this plus kit ?
2. Can I also use the battery extender as a charger for the AA-batteries ?

Thanks, Rick
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 08:15:50 pm by landloper »

tux

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 06:51:47 pm »

Wow, this kit looks great for this gramhunting backpackhiker. Thanks for the tip. Two questions:
1. Will anyone be so nice to find out the weight of this plus kit ?
2. Can I also use the battery extender as a charger for the AA-batteries ?

Thanks, Rick
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90218\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Hi Landloper, the weight of the kit, without batteries, is 220 gm. The extender is not also a charger I'm sorry to say.

cheers

3200 aka BigZ, swapped in 16GB Sandisk Extreme III CF, Cacko 1.23 full,  new SDHC >2GB module,
SL860 Cacko 1.23 full, new SDHC >2GB module,
6000L SharpRom 1.12 + Tetsu kernel,
5500 TKC home on SD x 2 (with SD>1GB),
Archos PMA30 with OPEN PMA (Giraffe),
Nokia 770 (Hackers Edition)
Nokia 800 (ITOS 2008), 4GB SDHC x 2
Asus eeepc 4G (black), with 1GB ram, dual boot Xandros on SSD with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on 16 GB SDHC,
Tmobile G1 Android (black), with Cyanogen's  Firerat's MTD script and Amon Ra Recovery 1.7.0
Tmobile HTC Wildfire.. rooted and on Cyanogen's 7.3 nightly Rom
Kopi/Kapi on everything bar the phone and the Nokias, there is a beta for the nokias...

All the above are retired

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!

landloper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 12:58:38 pm »
hé tux,

thanks for informing me.

I did send addonsworld a message in which I asked if they expect this travel kit to become available for the 1000/3000/3100 also. As soon as I have an answer I will post it here.

Rick

Sy Ali

• View Profile
    • SyeedAli.com
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 08:11:43 pm »