Author Topic: Altboot Problem?  (Read 1944 times)

radioz

• View Profile
Altboot Problem?
« on: September 25, 2006, 08:54:37 pm »
I'm having a problem trying to use Altboot with the latest OZ build.

I've installed a rootfs on my SD card. When I use altboot to try to start up it seems to pivot-root onto the SD card ok, but before the Opie touch screen calibration has a chance to start, it 'notices' that a new SD card is installed and up pops a dialog asking about scanning the card for files (or something; I'm reporting this from memory, I don't have my Poodle handy).

The dialog box that comes up is not sized correctly for a 5x00 device (it is way too big to fit on the screen). In addition, it is requiring the use of the touch screen at a point before the touch screen has been calibrated.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way to force this to be skipped so I can get Opie running?

Thanks,

radioz
5600 PXA-255
Hentges OZ 3.5.4.2
PQI 1G SD
PQI 256M SD
Socket LP 10/100 Ethernet
Ambicom WL1100C Wifi

radioz

• View Profile
Altboot Problem?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 12:49:53 am »
Thanks for the latest build Coredump, that cleared up my altboot problem.

One request: Could you provide a bootstrap initrd so I can altboot to my SD card?

I used the initrd from the Opie install. It works fine, but I'd like to free up the space.

Thanks so much for your efforts!

radioz
5600 PXA-255
Hentges OZ 3.5.4.2
PQI 1G SD
PQI 256M SD
Socket LP 10/100 Ethernet
Ambicom WL1100C Wifi

CoreDump

• View Profile
    • http://www.hentges.net
Altboot Problem?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 06:59:49 am »
Thanks for the latest build Coredump, that cleared up my altboot problem.

One request: Could you provide a bootstrap initrd so I can altboot to my SD card?

I used the initrd from the Opie install. It works fine, but I'd like to free up the space.

Thanks so much for your efforts!

radioz
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142314\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Sure, bootstrap images should be online in about 10hrs
Webmaster of hentges.net & Embedded Linux Developer.