Author Topic: Native Development Tools Getting Old  (Read 10132 times)

jcabrer

• View Profile
Native Development Tools Getting Old
« on: September 08, 2010, 01:11:41 pm »
Recently, I've been trying to resurrect old porting attempts.  I bought a SL-C3100 and SL-6000L, and got hem set up with the most functional pdaXrom distros I could put together.

Now that I've started compiling a few packages, I'm noticing that a lot of recently developed code will not build due to outdated tools.  The main culprit seems to be m4, but others like autoconf are giving trouble as well.  Trying to build the latest m4 from source has all kinds of recursive dependencies, so bootstrapping is required if I want to pull this off on the Z.

I think the only alternative at this point is going to be to set up a cross compile toolchain targeted at pdaXrom but built using a recent version of Ubuntu, or some other Debian-based distro.
Sharp SL-C3100 - pdaXrom Beta 3
Sharp SL-6000L - pdaXrom Beta 1

jcabrer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 12:10:34 am »
Updated versions of Make and M4 seem to have made a difference.  The errors I was getting at make are now gone!

Here they are if anyone wants them.  I'm working on a feed to host all of the new stuff I'm compiling, but who knows when I'll get around to it. ;^)

ckblackm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 10:10:41 am »
Quote from: jcabrer
Updated versions of Make and M4 seem to have made a difference.  The errors I was getting at make are now gone!

Here they are if anyone wants them.  I'm working on a feed to host all of the new stuff I'm compiling, but who knows when I'll get around to it. ;^)

Will these work with beta3?

jcabrer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 01:19:13 am »
Quote from: ckblackm

Will these work with beta3?

Yes, these will work with pdaXrom Beta 3, and any derived works.  I use pdaXii13 on the C3100 and Beta 1 on the SL-6000.  All are compatible.

Since all of my ipks install in /usr/local/bin, you may have to remove any other copies floating around in /usr/bin.

Some tools like to hang out in /opt/..., and you may have to create symbolic links in there.  I think that was the case with make and m4.  I might fix that and re-post these if that is the case.  Let me know if you try them, and find any issues.  Thanks.

ckblackm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 02:49:11 pm »

Do you have an updated version of autoconf?

thanks,
Christopher.

jcabrer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 05:09:35 pm »

thanks,
Christopher.

Check this reply in the New Packages Announce

ckblackm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 05:50:51 pm »

thanks,
Christopher.

Check this reply in the New Packages Announce

I see automake, but not autoconf... did you have autoconf?

thanks,
Christopher.

jcabrer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 11:47:33 pm »
Ah!  You're right.  Sorry.  Let's see if I can remedy that in the next few days.

ckblackm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 08:49:11 pm »
Ah!  You're right.  Sorry.  Let's see if I can remedy that in the next few days.

Any luck with this?

thanks,
Christopher.