Author Topic: Roadnav  (Read 8782 times)

cycle_55

• View Profile
Roadnav
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:21:40 pm »
Would someone know where I could find libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.6.so.0 or if not, whether this new package is meant to run on beta3. Thanks.

cycle_55
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 09:03:32 pm by cycle_55 »
C3100,  1.1.0beta3, Rox, Ambicom WL100C-CF wireless , Buffalo ethernet

Speedy

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 05:27:41 am »
Have the same problem like cycle_55.
But thank's a lot to dtruchan for compiling Roadnav!

greetings from germany
Andreas
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 05:53:33 am by Speedy »

dtruchan

• View Profile
    • http://
Roadnav
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 09:58:56 am »

greetings from germany
Andreas
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147575\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

wxwidgets is in the Beta3 feed, but I think 2.6.1 might be too old.
the 2.6.3 version in the 121 feed might work, I haven't tried.
here is 2.6.2 I use on beta3

[ Invalid Attachment ]
860 Debian EABI
Lexar Cards
WCF11 v2.5
Mittoni SD-CF Adapter
Gentoo

cycle_55

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 01:23:34 pm »

greetings from germany
Andreas
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147575\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

wxwidgets is in the Beta3 feed, but I think 2.6.1 might be too old.
the 2.6.3 version in the 121 feed might work, I haven't tried.
here is 2.6.2 I use on beta3

[ Invalid Attachment ]
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147590\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Thanks for the quick help, had to load libtiff and now it runs perfectly. Just need to get a gps cf now. Thanks again.

cycle_55

cycle_55

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 03:41:16 pm »
I have one other little issue. Even though I have everything installed on the hard drive, Every time roadnav starts it loads all the maps back onto the flash. I'm wondering how I would go about stopping this from happening. Thanks.

cycle_55

dtruchan

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 04:14:26 pm »
I have one other little issue. Even though I have everything installed on the hard drive, Every time roadnav starts it loads all the maps back onto the flash. I'm wondering how I would go about stopping this from happening. Thanks.

cycle_55
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147629\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I don't know.
I don't seem to have that problem, though I have no hard drive in my Zaurus.
I installed it to /mnt/card and linked ~/.roadnavdata to /mnt/card/.roadnavdata
860 Debian EABI
Lexar Cards
WCF11 v2.5
Mittoni SD-CF Adapter
Gentoo

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 06:28:55 pm »

cycle_55
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147629\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

You could try symlinking the maps to wherever it wants to put them.
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo

cycle_55

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 06:36:59 pm »

cycle_55

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147645\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Thanks for the info, I seem to be doing the linking wrong. I'll post something when I have figured out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again.

cycle_55

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 07:20:01 pm »

cycle_55

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147645\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Thanks for the info, I seem to be doing the linking wrong. I'll post something when I have figured out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again.

cycle_55
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147647\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

To link, it's #ln -s /path/to/file/to/link/from /place/to/link/to
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo

cycle_55

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 11:38:21 pm »

cycle_55

cycle_55
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147647\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

To link, it's #ln -s /path/to/file/to/link/from /place/to/link/to
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147651\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I have the link right now but it freezes halfway through the map download and then just terminates. Have been unable to find any logs which might explain things. Thanks for the help and I will try this all again in a few days.

cycle_55

svs57

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 06:37:44 am »
Would someone know where I could find libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.6.so.0 or if not, whether this new package is meant to run on beta3. Thanks.

cycle_55
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147553\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
where you get roadnav ipk?
can it work without GPS?
what map's format it use?

Speedy

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 07:20:51 am »
where you get roadnav ipk?
can it work without GPS?
what map's format it use?

You can get roadnav from "New Packages Announcement" Thread on page 11.
It work also without gps and uses osm (openstreetmaps) format an Tiger for US.

I tried it and it works also with BT GPS, but it crashes on resize of the window and it have not the optimal size for the display (will contact the developer for eventuell resize of the buttons)  

Is it possible to compile the alpha version (0.17) to exclude that this was an old bug of the program.

Greetings
Andreas

dtruchan

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 10:24:01 am »
Is it possible to compile the alpha version (0.17) to exclude that this was an old bug of the program.

Doesn't crash on resize for me, but I can only make it so small.
It's just a little too big for the Zaurus, though still workable.
Give it a try.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
860 Debian EABI
Lexar Cards
WCF11 v2.5
Mittoni SD-CF Adapter
Gentoo

Drake01

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 10:45:13 am »
I have the link right now but it freezes halfway through the map download and then just terminates. Have been unable to find any logs which might explain things. Thanks for the help and I will try this all again in a few days.

cycle_55
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147661\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I'm having the same problem.  It's using the directory on the SD card that I linked to, so it's not a space issue.  I was having intermittent problems with my 'Net connection and thought that might be the problem, but it appears that this is not the case.
Device: SL-C3200 running pdaXii13v2 build 5.5.0
Networking: Symbol Spectrum24 WLAN card; Kingston CIO10T CF NIC
Storage: 4GB Transcend 150x SD; 16GB Transcend 133x CF; 4GB Seagate CF HDD; 4GB Patriot SD
HID: Logitech V450 Laser Mouse; generic silicone USB keyboard; 2 generic optical mice; stock plastic stylus
GPS: generic "UT-41" USB GPS Receiver
Case: neoprene case from my old Palm foldable keyboard

cycle_55

• View Profile
Roadnav
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 12:03:48 pm »

cycle_55
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147661\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I'm having the same problem.  It's using the directory on the SD card that I linked to, so it's not a space issue.  I was having intermittent problems with my 'Net connection and thought that might be the problem, but it appears that this is not the case.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147697\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

The very first time I ran the program it ran perfectly, except for the space issue. Since then it seems to be getting progressivly worse where now it will not run at all. It is not a space issue and I haven't noticed a problem with the internet connection. I will do a nand restore and start over and let you know.

cycle_55