Author Topic: Wiki Software  (Read 1987 times)

VoiDeR

• View Profile
Wiki Software
« on: June 16, 2006, 11:02:39 pm »
I have been running a small webserver off my c700 for a few days now and would like to add a wiki. Are there any wiki software for the Z. I tried mediawiki but im haveing trouble getting it set up.
Zaurus model: None looking to buy.

w14

• View Profile
    • http://
Wiki Software
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 04:37:41 am »
I have Moin running nicely. I have it installed on a linux server and rsync the data directory over periodically. Works really well.

In the past I had WikkaWiki running as well. I went for Moin in the end because I preferred to have the data in text files rather than mysql.

Mike.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 04:42:34 am by w14 »
sl-c3100
pdaxrom 1.1.0 beta1

iamasmith

• View Profile
Wiki Software
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 11:14:43 am »
again, I suggest Moin.. I use it on OpenBSD and for functionality it is great.

If you use Firefox you even get full Graphical editing of the text because it has fckeditor built into the page editor.

and I use unison to sync wiki pages since it will give a graphical view of clashes, allow you to look at diffs etc. etc.

-Andy
OpenBSD 4.2 -current on full 4Gb of SL-C3000
Microdrive replaced with 4Gb SanDisk Extreme III card

VoiDeR

• View Profile
Wiki Software
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 11:59:09 am »
I have moin installed but i keep getting a config error about the data_dir missing or incorrect permissions.
Zaurus model: None looking to buy.

mars

• View Profile
Wiki Software
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 06:04:47 pm »
VoiDeR on Jun 17 2006, 03:02 AM

I have moin installed but i keep getting a config error about the data_dir missing or incorrect permissions.

While this thread is old, I thought I'd add some comments for those who might consider moinmoin and pdaXrom.

First of all, you should know that moinmoin (I use moinmoin desktop) complains if it is run as root. If it is run as root, which is the pdaXrom way, moinmoin expects to run as www-data, therefore you will need to do a useradd for www-data.

Having added the new user, you will next run into permission problems. In my case I needed to change the permissions of the files where moinmoin desktop resided so that moinmoin, running as www-data could access them. This worked great for linux formatted filesystems (e.g., ext2), but didn't work on my vfat usb-stick where I wanted moinmoin to reside.

The only thing I could figure out for my vfat usb-stick was to modify /etc/fstab for /dev/sda1 and add the options uid=500,gid=500 (or whatever your www-data ends up as). Root seems to still be able to access the usb stick fine and moinmoin desktop now seems happy because it owns the directories.

Not being a linux guru, there must be a more eloquent way, but at least it works for me now.

Cheers!
mars
C-3100 (reaquainting myself with Cacko) / Nokia 810 / Nokia N800 / Asus eeePC
Previously owned: SL-5500 / SL-5600 / SL-6000L / C-860 / Nokia 770 / Pepperpad 3