Author Topic: Pdaxii13 On Nand  (Read 101287 times)

HoloVector

• View Profile
    • http://
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #300 on: June 05, 2007, 09:57:24 pm »
Thanks Meanie.  That must have been my problem since I didn't have file called icedock in either of those locations.  I used a the toolbar definition file as a template and saved it as icedock and added tasks, cards and volume to it.  I then removed them .xinitrc, restarted X and it worked like a charm.  All three of them load up in the dock and they stay loaded.   

EDIT:  I spoke too soon tasks is still unloading after I use it.  The rest is all good, though.  Cards and Volume are the ones I use the most anyway.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162630\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

tasks kills itself automatically  that's by design since icewm already has its own task manager and virtual desktop support which is much more advanced. task applet is just used to run autoexec to load things automatically when icewm starts and then task applet is killed.
the task applet is used to keep things consistent across window managers, otherwise, icewem has a better mechanism which is to use the startup and shutdown scripts under /etc/icewm so you can even do things automatically before X shuts down...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162659\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Well, I'm glad to hear it is commiting suicide by design and not because of anything I did.     Thanks so much for help and also for all your hard work.
I think I'm coming down with what kahm's got!  I now have 3 Zaurii in house!  ;)
Current: Zaurus SL-C3200 -  Bobby (Configuring pdaXii13 Akita with Full 5.4.9 upgrade running IceWM)
Zaurus SL-C1000 - Hachiko (Configuring Cacko 1.23 with evilJazz's new kernel)
Zaurus SL-C860 - Fett (Customized Cacko 1.23 with handmade Boba Fett Theme)
Symbol WiFi CF card|Buffalo WiFi CF Card|Buffalo Ethernet CF Card|Red Piel Frama Case|PDAir Case|Black Pelican 1020 Case|Pentopia Stylii|SaruTek Protectors|Transcend SDs (4GB 150X, 1GB 80X, 256MB 45X, 128MB 45X)|2GB PNY SD|2GB SanDisk SD|Transcend CFs (1GB 80X, 512MB 80X)|Sandisk CFs (4GB, 512MB, 256MB)|256MB Netac USB-CF|RH-1 Remote
Check out the ScummVM@tyrannozaurus page if you are an "adventurer" type of person.

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2007, 07:30:55 am »
latest build is now 5.4.6
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

psycoman

• View Profile
    • http://www.tuxforum.com.br
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #302 on: June 12, 2007, 09:16:52 am »
I flashed 5.4.6 and get a error

INIT: cannot execute "/etc/rc.d/rc/sysinit"
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
... running rc.local
Parse Error in /etc/busybox.conf, line 3: user.

after this many lines with "Parse Error in /etc/busybox.conf, line 3: user." error, and i cant logon on root, what is the password ?  
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 10:17:14 am by psycoman »

climber

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #303 on: June 13, 2007, 04:13:09 am »
Meanie,

I've installed on my SL-c3100 the 5.4.5 version and some things are not clear for me:

1.) Icewm window manager:  I'm used to use the keyboard shortcuts as you mentioned in you documentation for pdaXii13. These worked fantastic but with icewm the don't work. Is there a possibility to set these shortcuts as in your documentation. I couldn't find a list with shortcuts for icewm!

2.) mplayer:  When I use a frontend for mplayer (XMMS;smplayer;gmplayer) to watch a mpg video it do not work. For example XMMS a new windows openes, closes itself, opens itself ... and so on. I'm not sure whether it's a problem with the transparent window of mrxvt!? Maybe I've to install something!?

3.) Update from 5.4.5 to 5.4.6:  What is the easiest way to update to your new version without using the hdimage-full.tgz? I don't want to install all the applications from new which I had added since the last version!

Thanks
climber

Meanie

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #304 on: June 13, 2007, 04:31:16 am »
Meanie,

I've installed on my SL-c3100 the 5.4.5 version and some things are not clear for me:

1.) Icewm window manager:  I'm used to use the keyboard shortcuts as you mentioned in you documentation for pdaXii13. These worked fantastic but with icewm the don't work. Is there a possibility to set these shortcuts as in your documentation. I couldn't find a list with shortcuts for icewm!

2.) mplayer:  When I use a frontend for mplayer (XMMS;smplayer;gmplayer) to watch a mpg video it do not work. For example XMMS a new windows openes, closes itself, opens itself ... and so on. I'm not sure whether it's a problem with the transparent window of mrxvt!? Maybe I've to install something!?

3.) Update from 5.4.5 to 5.4.6:  What is the easiest way to update to your new version without using the hdimage-full.tgz? I don't want to install all the applications from new which I had added since the last version!

Thanks
climber
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163114\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

1) icewm keymappings are slightly different, i tried to make them the same, but icewm does things differently from openbox. just hit Alt+space and you will see the context menu for the app you are running and it lists the key combos.

2) there actually are 3 different mplayer binaries, mplayer1, mplayer2 and mplayer3. the default when you use mplayer script is mplayer2 which is atty's bvdd and iwmmxt optimized version of mplayer.
gmplayer is mplayer3 which is a newer version (more codecs) but less optimization (slower). it should work if you launch it from the command line. launching it from the menu sometimes does not work, but sometimes does, not sure why... xmms needs to use mplayer1 (you may need to modify the mplayer wrapper to make mplayer1 the default) since it runs via gtk/x11. smplayer should be able to use the default mplayer2 (the version I compiled v0.1.11) unless you upgraded it to some other version.

3) The easiest way is to do an upgrade. download the latest pdaXii13-custom.tgz and use the updated flash utility which has an upgrade option...
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)

psycoman

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #305 on: June 13, 2007, 06:34:35 am »

... running rc.local

after this many lines with "Parse Error in /etc/busybox.conf, line 3: user." error, and i cant logon on root, what is the password ? 
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163047\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Meanie,

i got this problem only if i transfer /etc to NAND.

climber

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #306 on: June 13, 2007, 06:47:12 am »
Thanks for your quick answer!

to 1.) I tried these shortcuts but only a few work!

to 2.) How and where can I modify the mplayer wrapper?

to 3.) It seems that the link 'http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/pdaXii13/tmp/hdimage-custom.tgz' do not work. I only got the info page from tyrannozaurus.

Do you have a link which work?

When I do the upgrade do all my applications and settings stay as before?

New question:
4.) I use the bestcrypt tool  and it works fine. When I would decide to copy your hdimage-full.tgz to the zaurus to get the newest version and install bestcrypt again. Can I access to my crypted container on my cf-
card again as before? Where does bestcrypt know how the file was crypted (DES, Blowfish).

I know many many questions but for me it's important to undestand how it works.

Thanks
climer

Thanks
climber

Raul

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #307 on: June 13, 2007, 12:32:27 pm »
I would like to have polish special letters instead some umlauts that are available in standard pdaxii13. How can I change that?

Meanie

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #308 on: June 13, 2007, 09:31:40 pm »
Thanks for your quick answer!

to 1.) I tried these shortcuts but only a few work!

to 2.) How and where can I modify the mplayer wrapper?

to 3.) It seems that the link 'http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/pdaXii13/tmp/hdimage-custom.tgz' do not work. I only got the info page from tyrannozaurus.

Do you have a link which work?

When I do the upgrade do all my applications and settings stay as before?

New question:
4.) I use the bestcrypt tool  and it works fine. When I would decide to copy your hdimage-full.tgz to the zaurus to get the newest version and install bestcrypt again. Can I access to my crypted container on my cf-
card again as before? Where does bestcrypt know how the file was crypted (DES, Blowfish).

I know many many questions but for me it's important to undestand how it works.

Thanks
climer

Thanks
climber
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163119\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

/usr/bin/mplayer is a wrapper script

hdimage-custom.tgz != pdaXii13-custom.tgz !!!!

no idea about bestcrypt. i dont use it.

Meanie

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #309 on: June 13, 2007, 09:34:27 pm »
I would like to have polish special letters instead some umlauts that are available in standard pdaxii13. How can I change that?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163129\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

edit /etc/X11/kb/userdefined.xmodmap and add your changes there...

Ragnorok

• View Profile
    • http://
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #310 on: June 13, 2007, 10:43:20 pm »
latest 5.4.5 build has been uploaded. again, you can simply just reflash from scratch or use the  flash utility to upgrade...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162458\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
- Schwing!  Hopefully this will address some of the niggly things, like randomly failing to turn on when suspending with four or five tasks active.  If there were some way to enable a debug log for that sort of thing I'd be happy to oblige...
| I shed a tear for the passing of Hiroshi; he served me well
| Zaurus zealot since Nov 2002, PDA user since Oct 1991
| Replaced Z with UMID BZ February 2010

Lemuus

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #311 on: June 13, 2007, 11:38:45 pm »
gmplayer is mplayer3 which is a newer version (more codecs) but less optimization (slower). it should work if you launch it from the command line. launching it from the menu sometimes does not work, but sometimes does, not sure why...

Hi Meanie, i found two reasons that make gmplayer not work. The hdimage for 5.4.5 missed  cdparanoia, that had some libs that gmplayer needs. The second thing... when you regenerate the menu of icewm the regeneration crops the last part of the command in gmplayer.desktop, and create a bad start command.

Sorry for the bad english, i speak spanish...
and... a complete and absolute off-topic.... you know a good way to buy australian bean coffe?...
Lemuus.

Meanie

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #312 on: June 14, 2007, 12:03:28 am »
gmplayer is mplayer3 which is a newer version (more codecs) but less optimization (slower). it should work if you launch it from the command line. launching it from the menu sometimes does not work, but sometimes does, not sure why...

Hi Meanie, i found two reasons that make gmplayer not work. The hdimage for 5.4.5 missed  cdparanoia, that had some libs that gmplayer needs. The second thing... when you regenerate the menu of icewm the regeneration crops the last part of the command in gmplayer.desktop, and create a bad start command.

Sorry for the bad english, i speak spanish...
and... a complete and absolute off-topic.... you know a good way to buy australian bean coffe?...
Lemuus.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

thanks for the info. i will fix this in next update. btw, i have updated smplayer slightly to rcognise .3gp and .flv files as well and the screen refresh after mplayer exits now works properly. this will be in the next update also...

as for coffee, i drink imported coffee from indonesia so i have no idea

psycoman

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #313 on: June 14, 2007, 06:24:35 am »

... running rc.local

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163047\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Meanie,

i got this problem only if i transfer /etc to NAND.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163118\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

forget, my problem is solved, this caused becose my flash hava a 58mb size partition only, after rezise to 121, no more problem

Raul

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #314 on: June 14, 2007, 08:21:17 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163129\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

edit /etc/X11/kb/userdefined.xmodmap and add your changes there...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163148\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I did that but it didn't work. So I edited spitz.xmodmap but I made a mistake. I need original one.

Btw. Maintenance mode in latest paxii13 does'nt work.

I have some Inodes at boot up that I can't get fscked by the mintenance menu (after reboot+OK).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 08:23:48 pm by Raul »