Author Topic: Rebuilding Xterm  (Read 1109 times)

radiochickenwax

• View Profile
Rebuilding Xterm
« on: February 11, 2007, 04:12:53 pm »
Thank you very much meanie for rebuilding xterm.  I don't know why nobody else did this sooner, this solves a lot of problems for me personally.

I know why I didn't do it.  It's because it didn't work right away, and I'm too lazy apparently to figure out why.

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but could you (or someone else) give a quick explanation to how you did this?  

(Even just a pointer in the right direction would help a lot.)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:07:46 pm by radiochickenwax »
ZAURII:    sl-6000 : (temporarily) bricked pdaxrom b1   ||   sl-c3200 : yonggun/Debian-EABI
OTHERS:  htc-excalibur,  axim x5,  ipaq 4355, (still trying to find useable linux setups)
thinking about gumstix to replace/augment zaurus

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
Rebuilding Xterm
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 07:43:56 pm »
Thank you very much meanie for rebuilding xterm.  I don't know why nobody else did this sooner, this solves a lot of problems for me personally.

I know why I didn't do it.  It's because it didn't work right away, and I'm too lazy apparently to figure out why.

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but could you (or someone else) give a quick explanation to how you did this? 

(Even just a pointer in the right direction would help a lot.)
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153841\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

google for 'xterm sources', download and extract those source files and compile. of course it will complain and fail the configure bit unless you have all the dependent X headers and libraries installed and the required .pc and .la files generated which requires you to build each of the dependent X libraries from source (about a dozen of them).
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K