Author Topic: Kapi Vcfs With Embedded Images?  (Read 1356 times)

Fromwithin

• View Profile
    • http://fromwithin.com/
Kapi Vcfs With Embedded Images?
« on: April 24, 2007, 09:22:17 am »
Does anybody understand the intracacies of Ka/pi with regarding to storing image data? There seems to be some buggage lurking around.

If I have a photo stored inside a contact, I can sync it to a second computer by selecting Synchronize on the second machine. The second machine receives the contact with the embedded photo, but then when it writes back the data to the first machine the first machine loses its photo.

The Write Back operation always writes back a file that has no image data. It's rather annoying.

The other thing is that the actual stored vcard file doesn't have any image data in either. When you do a direct sync, it looks like it creates a temporary vcf file with embedded images, which is what it sends over to the other machine. But this temporary file is not created when syncing via upload/download, meaning that image data is lost.

Besides taring and gzipping the kabc folder and uploading that for synching to my server, and using the same method to sync between machines, does anyone know of anyway to fix the above problems?