Author Topic: Help! Usb Nic Driver Always "initializing"!  (Read 6610 times)

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
Help! Usb Nic Driver Always "initializing"!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 07:02:23 pm »
i have updated net.agent to configure eth0 as well as wifi0/wlan0 as soon as they are plugged in.
it reads the config from /etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/sysconfig/wireless respectively.

by default /etc/sysconfig/network has DHCP=y so it uses dhcp, but you can change it to n and fill in the relevant details in to that config file if you want to manually set your IP, etc...

so far I have only tested that plugging in a USB ethernet adaptor works with this setup. have not tried usb wifi adaptors since i dont have one but the script should be able to handle that as well..

make sure you extract net.agent from the zip file and copy it to /etc/hotplug
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157537\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

How /etc/sysconfig/network should lokk like? My has something like this:

root- more network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=zaurus
GATEWAYDEV=
GATEWAY=

and after plug usb/lan adapter I get ip address 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0.
Where is that information comming from?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157857\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

something like this:

Code: [Select]
DHCP=no
IPADDR=192.168.1.2
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
DOMAIN=
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
DNS1=192.168.1.1
DNS2=

192.168.0.1 is the default and comes from net.agent which provides default values if the required fields are missing or empty...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157878\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

OK foud out ... but there is still error in script
dhcpd won't do the work getting IP address from DHCP server

dhcpcd will but it is not working for only once...
when I unplug and plug again eth0 I won't get IP address.
maybe put dhcpcd -k in front of dhcpcd eth0?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157882\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

i will have to add dhcpcd -k in the next update. dhcpd has already been changed to dhcpcd
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K