Author Topic: Weexpc  (Read 12071 times)

cycle_55

• View Profile
Weexpc
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 10:54:10 am »
Yes Daniel all your points are valid. Lets just enjoy that somebody is actually trying to improve the pdaXrom in both software and money effort. So it ends here and we might review later but at the moment there is all go from all the pdaXrom developers for your contiuned development and sales.

Btw. to everybody - its a long time since anybody donated anything
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157409\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I don't mean to be a pain here or anything but my records show that I sent 100 canadian dollars on Jan 5 this year. It took a few weeks to be claimed as I recall.  

cycle_55
C3100,  1.1.0beta3, Rox, Ambicom WL100C-CF wireless , Buffalo ethernet

Laze

• View Profile
    • http://www.pdaXrom.org
Weexpc
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 11:28:41 am »
Sorry - you are right... I stand corrected  You being the only one...
C760 running pdaXrom lastest ;-)
SL5500 Running Cacko Qtopia
512 MB SD Card, 128 MB CF Card, Prism2 CF Wlan.

Always visit http://www.pdaXrom.org for latest news.

cycle_55

• View Profile
Weexpc
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 12:55:17 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157420\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

It is not a problem and I hated to mention it  . Keep up the excellent work.

cycle_55
C3100,  1.1.0beta3, Rox, Ambicom WL100C-CF wireless , Buffalo ethernet

harvell

• View Profile
    • http://
Weexpc
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 12:58:32 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157420\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Laze and all pdaXrom team,
   How do I make a donation??? I've asked before on other threads and cannot find a link on the pdaXrom page ( or at least it's not in front of me ).  

Thanks
C1000 w/...  Cacko Lite (When I use the Z alot for business)... pdaXrom (when I see something cool and want to try it.  Best way for me to learn shell commands)
Eee PC for Mrs. Harvell  
4G SD

psycoman

• View Profile
    • http://www.tuxforum.com.br
Weexpc
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 01:05:12 pm »
is a good point create a mini how to donate to project, how i can do this ?

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Weexpc
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2007, 01:07:40 pm »
is a good point create a mini how to donate to project, how i can do this ?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157437\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

The plan is to either create a general account... or to create seperate paypal accounts for each dev that is willing to accept donations...

Keep a look out on pdaxrom for donation links in the about us section.

Late
Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100 and SL-6000L
pdaXrom Developer
Please visit pdaXrom.org for updates
My Blog
IRC #pdaxrom @ FreeNode

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Weexpc
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2007, 01:22:40 pm »
I have used hermocom's shoutcast browser/player (on Cacko), and I have to say it's a nice product, and was made freely available.

It seems to me that DH's sin has been in not communicating well with the pdaXrom team.

Just a thought, but maybe he could directly sponsor pdaXrom by being allowed to put paid adverts on the pdaXrom site.

I suspect that there are quite a few wanna-be Z users who are scared of buying one because they think it'd be in Japanese.... Fig Labs do a similar job re-packaging the Sharp ROM and fully anglicising it and have contributed back. I would expect him to provide a good warranty and repair service for zaurus hardware too!

I hope that we can give DH/hermocom the benefit of the doubt, and think that anything that brings more people into the zaurus owner community is a good thing.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

daniel3000

• View Profile
Weexpc
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2007, 01:48:05 pm »
I have used hermocom's shoutcast browser/player (on Cacko), and I have to say it's a nice product, and was made freely available.

well, it's not written by me, I have just modified it and repackaged it (I guess you speak about the python-based one?).
It has been written by a Japanese developer, and I converted some Japanese stuff in it to English or corrected some translation errors, as I recall, and added a recording function.

It seems to me that DH's sin has been in not communicating well with the pdaXrom team.

You are right.  

Just a thought, but maybe he could directly sponsor pdaXrom by being allowed to put paid adverts on the pdaXrom site.

This is generally a nice idea. But since I cannot foresee how well weeXpc will be accepted and sell, I avoid everything which produces costs on a regular basis.
But advertisement on pdaXrom.org in conjunction with a higher donation on each weeXpc sale would be an option.

I suspect that there are quite a few wanna-be Z users who are scared of buying one because they think it'd be in Japanese.... Fig Labs do a similar job re-packaging the Sharp ROM and fully anglicising it and have contributed back. I would expect him to provide a good warranty and repair service for zaurus hardware too!

Of course the user has the normal warranty if he buys a new Zaurus with the software package.

daniel
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 01:49:11 pm by daniel3000 »
SL-C3200 with weeXpc, based on pdaXrom 1.1.0beta3
HP 200LX with MS-DOS 5.0

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Weexpc
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 02:29:11 pm »

This is generally a nice idea. But since I cannot foresee how well weeXpc will be accepted and sell, I avoid everything which produces costs on a regular basis.
But advertisement on pdaXrom.org in conjunction with a higher donation on each weeXpc sale would be an option.

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157449\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

This would be a no go, due to the fact that ibiblio frowns upon paid adverts on sites that they host...

Late
pdaXrom Developer
Please visit pdaXrom.org for updates
My Blog
IRC #pdaxrom @ FreeNode

Drake01

• View Profile
Weexpc
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2007, 06:34:26 pm »
Hello Adrian, hello forum members,

here are some background and answers to your questions:
Best regards
Daniel Hertrich,
hermocom
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157393\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Excellent reply, Daniel.  I think this really puts everything in perspective.

One fear that I had after I heard about the end of Zaurus production was that interest in further development would wane.  If anything, your business should be beneficial to continued development, which also serves my own self-interest.

Good luck.
Device: SL-C3200 running pdaXii13v2 build 5.5.0
Networking: Symbol Spectrum24 WLAN card; Kingston CIO10T CF NIC
Storage: 4GB Transcend 150x SD; 16GB Transcend 133x CF; 4GB Seagate CF HDD; 4GB Patriot SD
HID: Logitech V450 Laser Mouse; generic silicone USB keyboard; 2 generic optical mice; stock plastic stylus
GPS: generic "UT-41" USB GPS Receiver
Case: neoprene case from my old Palm foldable keyboard

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Weexpc
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2007, 07:48:57 pm »
Locking

Late
pdaXrom Developer