Author Topic: What Is The New Version?  (Read 4915 times)

donquixote

• View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« on: April 09, 2007, 10:43:45 am »
A fews ago I asked if the new version would be released. I was told it would be released in one week; however, it's now been like three weeks and there doesn't seem to be a new release. But I'm seeing talk of ii13, r189, r196, what are these? Are these the releases that were promised or something else?

dq

HoloVector

• View Profile
    • http://
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:09:41 am »
A fews ago I asked if the new version would be released. I was told it would be released in one week; however, it's now been like three weeks and there doesn't seem to be a new release. But I'm seeing talk of ii13, r189, r196, what are these? Are these the releases that were promised or something else?

dq
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158317\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
ii13 is a bug fixed Beta3 which is based on the 2.4 kernel for the 1000, 3000, 3100 and 3200.  There is also an upgrade for beta1 on 7x0 and 860 that will give you most of the bug fixes from ii13 but, not the >1GB SD support.  It has received several beta releases in that timeframe.  The latest is 5.3.5.

I have not seen a recent publicly available r release.  The beta4 and r releases are based on the 2.6 kernel.  The only r publicly available is r121.
I think I'm coming down with what kahm's got!  I now have 3 Zaurii in house!  ;)
Current: Zaurus SL-C3200 -  Bobby (Configuring pdaXii13 Akita with Full 5.4.9 upgrade running IceWM)
Zaurus SL-C1000 - Hachiko (Configuring Cacko 1.23 with evilJazz's new kernel)
Zaurus SL-C860 - Fett (Customized Cacko 1.23 with handmade Boba Fett Theme)
Symbol WiFi CF card|Buffalo WiFi CF Card|Buffalo Ethernet CF Card|Red Piel Frama Case|PDAir Case|Black Pelican 1020 Case|Pentopia Stylii|SaruTek Protectors|Transcend SDs (4GB 150X, 1GB 80X, 256MB 45X, 128MB 45X)|2GB PNY SD|2GB SanDisk SD|Transcend CFs (1GB 80X, 512MB 80X)|Sandisk CFs (4GB, 512MB, 256MB)|256MB Netac USB-CF|RH-1 Remote
Check out the ScummVM@tyrannozaurus page if you are an "adventurer" type of person.

donquixote

• View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 11:24:02 am »
Yeah, r121, that's the one I'm using. It constantly crashes and corrupts all my data, I cannot play music on it anymore, the battery charging manager doesn't work well anymore, the date resets to zero when I reboot, some of the buttons don't work properly, the screen doesn't refresh in tty-mode, the screen shuts off for no reason and doesn't turn back on... I've been able to cope with some of these issues for months now, but my patience is wearing thin, especially when all my data gets corrupted. Do others here feel the same way?

dq

HoloVector

• View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 11:32:54 am »
Yeah, r121, that's the one I'm using. It constantly crashes and corrupts all my data, I cannot play music on it anymore, the battery charging manager doesn't work well anymore, the date resets to zero when I reboot, some of the buttons don't work properly, the screen doesn't refresh in tty-mode, the screen shuts off for no reason and doesn't turn back on... I've been able to cope with some of these issues for months now, but my patience is wearing thin, especially when all my data gets corrupted. Do others here feel the same way?

dq
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158321\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Wow!      I'm not experiencing any of those issues since I am running pdaXii13 5.3.3.  Both of my Zaurii have been stable since 5.3.2.  Sorry to hear about your troubles.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:42:18 am by HoloVector »
I think I'm coming down with what kahm's got!  I now have 3 Zaurii in house!  ;)
Current: Zaurus SL-C3200 -  Bobby (Configuring pdaXii13 Akita with Full 5.4.9 upgrade running IceWM)
Symbol WiFi CF card|Buffalo WiFi CF Card|Buffalo Ethernet CF Card|Red Piel Frama Case|PDAir Case|Black Pelican 1020 Case|Pentopia Stylii|SaruTek Protectors|Transcend SDs (4GB 150X, 1GB 80X, 256MB 45X, 128MB 45X)|2GB PNY SD|2GB SanDisk SD|Transcend CFs (1GB 80X, 512MB 80X)|Sandisk CFs (4GB, 512MB, 256MB)|256MB Netac USB-CF|RH-1 Remote
Check out the ScummVM@tyrannozaurus page if you are an "adventurer" type of person.

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 12:11:31 pm »
The build that was supposed to be released (given that nothing was broken) was broken (it wouldn't even boot). InSearchOf then had a nasty time at work, and has only just gotten back to pdaXrom.

Sorry for not letting people know sooner, but I just found out yesterday.
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo

grog

• View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 12:52:25 pm »
Hey, you get what you pay for  . Just kidding. I too have several 'issues' but I persevere. When it finally gets here, I'm sure it'll be a GREAT!!

To the pdaxrom team, keep up the good work. It's appreciated.
GROG!

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 01:28:45 pm »

dq
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158321\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

But other than that, do you have any issues with it???

Silicon Valley Digerati - * Please see my Mini Laptops For Sale Listing *
Cosmo Communicator / One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 3S (Win 10/Manjaro 18)
Banana Pi Zero UMPC/Armbian
MacBookPro
Sold: C3200/N900/OQO/N5/Dell Mini9/Netwalker/UMID M1/

radiochickenwax

• View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 02:44:37 pm »
Please everyone hang just hang in there, I'm sure it's getting close to  a public release.  If anyone really *needs* a newer version, I believe the SVN is public, but this requires you to roll your own until the public releases.

The build that was supposed to be released (given that nothing was broken) was broken (it wouldn't even boot). InSearchOf then had a nasty time at work, and has only just gotten back to pdaXrom.

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158329\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Thanks for keeping everyone updated Capn_Fish.

Hey, you get what you pay for  . Just kidding. I too have several 'issues' but I persevere. When it finally gets here, I'm sure it'll be a GREAT!!

To the pdaxrom team, keep up the good work. It's appreciated.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158331\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I never really gave much time to r121, but after getting a hold of some of these newer testing distributions, I'm pretty happy with the newer releases.  There are still some bugs, and there's a lot of cleaning up to do, but it's pretty darn stable for my uses.  Got a ways to go before they catch up with pdaxii13 in terms of stability, but these new ones are darn fast, and getting closer.

I'm not experiencing any of those issues since I am running pdaXii13 5.3.3.  Both of my Zaurii have been stable since 5.3.2. 
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158322\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Is the keyboard locking bug finally resolved in 5.3.3?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 02:50:34 pm by radiochickenwax »
ZAURII:    sl-6000 : (temporarily) bricked pdaxrom b1   ||   sl-c3200 : yonggun/Debian-EABI
OTHERS:  htc-excalibur,  axim x5,  ipaq 4355, (still trying to find useable linux setups)
thinking about gumstix to replace/augment zaurus

donquixote

• View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 02:54:35 pm »
Yeah, I know. I don't like to complain since I am getting this for free. So thanks guys for all your hard work!

dq

HoloVector

• View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 02:59:51 pm »
I'm not experiencing any of those issues since I am running pdaXii13 5.3.3.  Both of my Zaurii have been stable since 5.3.2. 
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158322\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Is the keyboard locking bug finally resolved in 5.3.3?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158342\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
If you are referring to the keyboard not accepting input after while, then yes it is resolved.  I haven't had that trouble since 5.3.1 on my 1000.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 03:00:21 pm by HoloVector »

kellyharding

• View Profile
    • http://www.geekgothgrrl.co.uk
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 05:52:26 pm »

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158329\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Thanks for letting us know though

Will keep an eye out for the next pdaXrom release and try it on my C860.
SL-C860: cacko 1.23(currently pdaxii3 to test)
1Gb SD, 2Gb CF, various 512Mb SD and CF cards, Socket LP wifi, Socket Rev F Bluetooth. 2Gb SD and 4Gb CF on order.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC: Athlon64 3000+ with XP/SimplyMepis
Mac: G4 Quicksilver 733 with OS X.4.9
Laptop: iBook G4 (2005) 1.42Ghz, OS X 4.9
Server: Dual PIII/500 with Debian 'etch'

wellswang

• View Profile
    • http://wells.osall.com
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 10:41:58 pm »
Please be patient
Now it's at r198
Code: [Select]
Revision 198 - Directory Listing
Modified Mon Apr 9 23:48:56 2007 UTC (2 hours, 49 minutes ago) by insearchof

And thanks to the dev team, thanks for your hard work!

wrc4

• View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 10:52:45 pm »

Actually I found R196 much better than R121 on my C1000, at least I don't need to adjust the clock everytime I reboot. I hope there will be a release soon, but if you have patience you can build it yourself from SVN. It's not so difficult than I thought it would be.
Zaurus SL-C1000 (Debian)
Zaurus SL-7500C
Nokia N810
KOHJINSHA SC3
ASUS EEEPC 701
ASUS WL-HDD 2.5
ASUS WL-500GPv2
WD MyBookWorldEdition (with a Segate 500G HD inside)

willgan

• View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 12:39:20 am »
I compiled the R196 and found that the usbnet is not working ... anyone having the same problem?

I also compiled the kernel 2.6.18, it works but some parts are broken (the SoC and the pxa27x_udc not included)

Is it possible for meanie to release some of his marvelous patches and incorporate it into the svn?. (eg. abiword window problems and etc)

I wanted to suggest creating a development thread...
My Current Z...

Zaurus C1000 - Pdaxii13
Using Pdaxrom-builder (SVN) for building packages

xjqian

• View Profile
What Is The New Version?
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 02:44:24 am »
when will the (long overdue) bug tracker open to public?
My Blog | 6000L Tosa + sled | is: Angstrom | was: pdaXrom 1.1.0beta1 | was: stock 1.12 rom + no-ffpe fash kernel + X/Qt Debian |
CF GPS (FGPCFCD01) | USB "Prolific 2303" GPS (USB-UG-200) | Socket CF BT rev. H |  USB "Pegasus II" Ethernet (ADM8511) | PocketTop IR kbd | sip:527630@fwd.pulver.com
Todo: OESF wiki | stable VOIP app | usable GPS app |      Wishlist: VOIP + Bluetooth | GPS + Routing Calc