Author Topic: New Japanese Dictionaries For Zbedic  (Read 18866 times)

koan

• View Profile
    • http://www.lyndonhill.com
New Japanese Dictionaries For Zbedic
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 06:01:10 am »
As before, I never stopped updating EDICT for bedic format; currently on version 2.1 generated about a week ago.

I use zbedic quite a lot so I have adopted the code and started to do some work on it (libbedic and the dictionary application). I will make releases available when they are ready.
Zocalo Feed Reader : Thai on Zaurus : Dictionaries for zbedic : Sharp ROM package feed
HELUX Handheld Embedded Linux Blog
SL-C3200 Multiboot : SL-C750  Sharp ROM

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 06:00:51 am »
Quote from: koan
As before, I never stopped updating EDICT for bedic format; currently on version 2.1 generated about a week ago.

I use zbedic quite a lot so I have adopted the code and started to do some work on it (libbedic and the dictionary application). I will make releases available when they are ready.
I'm looking forward to try it out once I install Cacko again. I'm studying Japanese (on and off), so far I have only used jisho.org as a japanese dictionary, but I'd like to give zbedic and your dictionary a try too. Nice to see that you are also updating the software too, are you planning of updating the sf repository with your changes?

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

koan

• View Profile
    • http://www.lyndonhill.com
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 01:19:52 pm »
Quote from: Varti
are you planning of updating the sf repository with your changes?

I was thinking that this would be a fork and that any binary releases would be accompanied with full code available on my website.

I'm not really sure how much I can get done and how quickly. I've started by tidying up code and fixing static analysis warnings. Then it's on to finishing my Qt 5 port for zbedic; you can build it now for Qt 3 quite easily from the SF source. There are some issues with the Qt 3 version which is why I need to do this work in the first place.
Zocalo Feed Reader : Thai on Zaurus : Dictionaries for zbedic : Sharp ROM package feed
HELUX Handheld Embedded Linux Blog
SL-C3200 Multiboot : SL-C750  Sharp ROM