Author Topic: Sylpheed Ssl  (Read 3428 times)

scheck.r

• View Profile
    • http://
Sylpheed Ssl
« on: September 05, 2007, 03:42:23 pm »
Do people using gmail have the same annoying message each time they want to receive or send messages ? Namely : "SSL certificate verify failed"
Where there any changes on google mail side ?
It works but it's annoying. The problem is rather recent.
I think Pidgin's problem to connect to google talk is the same thing

On pdaxii13 5.4.9
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 03:45:11 pm by scheck.r »
SL-C1000 from PriceJapan(cheap and very fast shipping) with EA-70 power adapter, iRiver USB Host cable, PDAIR case, pentopia stylus, ultra clear screen-protector from shop.brando.com.hk only $3 for shipping worldwide
4GB Hitachi Microdrive, 1GB Kingston Elite Pro CF, 4GB Transcend 150x SD, Symbol Spectrum 4137 CF WiFi(low power)
PdaXrom pdaxii13 5.4.9 updated with Kkazakov13's feed. I owned a SL-6000L before

urkden

• View Profile
Sylpheed Ssl
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 06:32:53 pm »
Well, I use Gmail without problems here. I just entered Gmail configuration and follow every step in the guide as if I were using Mozilla Thunderbird. I can share with you my exact configuration if you want or take a look at yours to compare.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 06:33:09 pm by urkden »

scheck.r

• View Profile
Sylpheed Ssl
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 02:09:34 pm »
Well, I use Gmail without problems here. I just entered Gmail configuration and follow every step in the guide as if I were using Mozilla Thunderbird. I can share with you my exact configuration if you want or take a look at yours to compare.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167438\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Thanks for replying
What I don't understand is that I have also sylpheed with the same config on my laptop but no problem on my laptop(version 2.4.4).
Here is the message I get on the Z:
SSL certificate verify failed

The SSL certificate of pop.gmail.com cannot be verified by the following reason:
unable to get local issuer certificate

Server certificate:
Subject: /C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Google Inc./CN=pop.gmail.com
Issuer: /C=US/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax
Secure Certificate Authority

Do you accept this certificate ?
OK, it works perfectly with the original sylpheed-gtk2 2.0.2 but not with sylpheed 2.4.3 from kkazakov13's feed. I still don't understand though
SL-C1000 from PriceJapan(cheap and very fast shipping) with EA-70 power adapter, iRiver USB Host cable, PDAIR case, pentopia stylus, ultra clear screen-protector from shop.brando.com.hk only $3 for shipping worldwide
4GB Hitachi Microdrive, 1GB Kingston Elite Pro CF, 4GB Transcend 150x SD, Symbol Spectrum 4137 CF WiFi(low power)
PdaXrom pdaxii13 5.4.9 updated with Kkazakov13's feed. I owned a SL-6000L before

scheck.r

• View Profile
Sylpheed Ssl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 05:53:11 pm »
I tried claws-mail 3.0.1(latest) on my desktop and it also warns me about an SSL certificate but only the first time I used it. Strange. Maybe sylpheed on my Z is not saving the fact that I replied YES to accept the certificate to some config file.