Author Topic: Angstrom + Cacko On Akita With 4gb Cf Or Sd Card?  (Read 3477 times)

Big-fat_penguin

• View Profile
Angstrom + Cacko On Akita With 4gb Cf Or Sd Card?
« on: December 12, 2007, 09:56:56 am »
Hello,

have a working configuration of my Zaurus C-1000SL (Akita) on base of Cacko 1.23. I'd like to test Angstrom but I'm afraid I didnt' have found the website describing how to get Angstrom to work without killing the working Cacko installation.

Before I decide to backup my Cacko installation and flash Angstrom I would like to know whether Angstorm is worth it.

Is there another possibilitiy to test Angstrom without reflashing? Perhaps the same way it is possible to start Cacko out of Angstrom only the other way round?
What about altboot, is it possible to install it with Cacko inside?

I definitly need the following apps:
KAPi
KOPi
Console/Terminal
ZBEdic

Nice would be:
qpegps with USB-dongle Bluetooth and Bluetooth-mouse
WLAN with WPA (CF-card WLAN adapter)
Browser
pdf-reader
mp3-player
video-player

Does Anstrom allow to run these applications? Are there ready binary distribution or do I have to install a complete developing environment?

Quite standard question I think but I coudn't find answers in the net ...

tux

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 12:21:11 pm »
Quote from: Big-fat_penguin
Hello,

have a working configuration of my Zaurus C-1000SL (Akita) on base of Cacko 1.23. I'd like to test Angstrom but I'm afraid I didnt' have found the website describing how to get Angstrom to work without killing the working Cacko installation.

Before I decide to backup my Cacko installation and flash Angstrom I would like to know whether Angstorm is worth it.

Is there another possibilitiy to test Angstrom without reflashing? Perhaps the same way it is possible to start Cacko out of Angstrom only the other way round?
What about altboot, is it possible to install it with Cacko inside?

I definitly need the following apps:
KAPi
KOPi
Console/Terminal
ZBEdic

Nice would be:
qpegps with USB-dongle Bluetooth and Bluetooth-mouse
WLAN with WPA (CF-card WLAN adapter)
Browser
pdf-reader
mp3-player
video-player

Does Anstrom allow to run these applications? Are there ready binary distribution or do I have to install a complete developing environment?

Quite standard question I think but I coudn't find answers in the net ...
 I didn't find the site either but thanks to koen posting in a debian thread here is the link: Cacko and Angstrom.

It only shows how to dual boot with angstrom on the microdrive but it should give you a start if only for further research? Hope this helps.
3200 aka BigZ, swapped in 16GB Sandisk Extreme III CF, Cacko 1.23 full,  new SDHC >2GB module,
SL860 Cacko 1.23 full, new SDHC >2GB module,
6000L SharpRom 1.12 + Tetsu kernel,
5500 TKC home on SD x 2 (with SD>1GB),
Archos PMA30 with OPEN PMA (Giraffe),
Nokia 770 (Hackers Edition)
Nokia 800 (ITOS 2008), 4GB SDHC x 2
Asus eeepc 4G (black), with 1GB ram, dual boot Xandros on SSD with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on 16 GB SDHC,
Tmobile G1 Android (black), with Cyanogen's  Firerat's MTD script and Amon Ra Recovery 1.7.0
Tmobile HTC Wildfire.. rooted and on Cyanogen's 7.3 nightly Rom
Kopi/Kapi on everything bar the phone and the Nokias, there is a beta for the nokias...

All the above are retired

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 02:55:43 pm »
Just my opinion, but if you don't want to get rid of a stable setup to try another, Angstrom probably isn't for you.
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 06:53:09 pm »
if you've got your Z working just right, then taking a NAND backup before any kind of system experimentation is a good idea!!!
Note to self: take own advice before you next do an angstrom upgrade and then have to spend ages fixing things
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

Ragnorok

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:32:37 pm »
- Ding!  I always NAND backup before trying anything.  Quick NAND restore and *poof*, it's like nothing ever happened.  I'm psyched to see how far Angstrom has come, and I'm thinking of giving it a go myself to kick the tires, so to speak.
- Spiff!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:33:10 pm by Ragnorok »
| I shed a tear for the passing of Hiroshi; he served me well
| Zaurus zealot since Nov 2002, PDA user since Oct 1991
| Replaced Z with UMID BZ February 2010