Author Topic: Cardctl Missing From R198?  (Read 4155 times)

Hacdan

• View Profile
Cardctl Missing From R198?
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:49:14 pm »
As the title says, I have R198 installed on my C1000. I went to run cardctl eject on my Zaurus and it tells me the command is missing or something along those lines. I was wondering if there was some package I was supposed to install. I have pcmcia-tools installed, which I thought contained the cardctl program. I could be mistaken. Any help is much appreciated.

**EDIT** I found that it was in sbin listed as pccardctl. But this now brings up a second problem. I have a linksys wcf11 cf wifi card in the Z at the moment and it's not recognized. It is receiving power because the light is on and in the card control applet it shows the card's info. I'm just trying to flash the card so that I can have working packet injection. Any help would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 05:10:44 pm by Hacdan »

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 05:48:17 pm »
What does dmesg display when inserting the card?

Note, cardctl changed to pccardctl when we moved to 2.6 kernel.

Late
Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100 and SL-6000L
pdaXrom Developer
Please visit pdaXrom.org for updates
My Blog
IRC #pdaxrom @ FreeNode

Hacdan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 07:34:50 pm »
Quote from: InSearchOf
What does dmesg display when inserting the card?

Note, cardctl changed to pccardctl when we moved to 2.6 kernel.

Late

Sorry for the late reply

On insert, dmesg displayes
pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia0.0

**EDIT** ifconfig only displays lo so the interface is not coming up. Also lsmod does not have hostap loading. I have the config file for hostap and wlan-ng with the info for my card in them so I'm at a loss why the card is acting so. Again any help is very much appreciated. And on a side note I can modprobe the hostap driver so I don't believe that is the problem. Although I am not entirely sure.

**EDIT2** I have reflashed my Zaurus with angstrom for the time being, but I am still very curios as to why I got no wlan interface. I just wanted to update this so people knew it wasn't some huge rush or that it really needed an answer.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:27:14 am by Hacdan »

Hacdan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 11:48:13 pm »
Back at this, with R198. I have no wlan0 device listed in ifconfig or iwconfig. dmesg still stands as to what it says after the card is inserted. I've also noticed that there was no /etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.conf file or a hostap_cs.conf file.

I created a hostap_cs.conf file, but I do not know if I need to add anything besides the information for my card. I seem to remember something else being there besides the information for my card, but I cannot recall what exactly it was. I'm going to try to create a wlan-ng.conf file with the hostap_cs.conf file, but I see no reason for having both files within /etc/pcmcia.

What I do know is that hostap modules are not being loaded on startup or when I insert the card. I am assuming this is why I do not have a wlan0 interface, but I am not entirely sure. Any insight on this fiasco would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

**EDIT** Found hostap_cs.conf in the hostap_driver package. I extracted the package, grabbed the conf file and that was that. Still no luck with hostap being loaded at startup or on card insert. After modprobing the driver in, the device is still non existent. I have no idea what is going on, but I do know that I am becoming quite frustrated with this due to only wanting to flash the card and swap back to Angstrom. =/
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:02:33 pm by Hacdan »