Author Topic: Zubuntu Help  (Read 9210 times)

tanjian2

• View Profile
Zubuntu Help
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 05:35:39 am »
Quote from: whykickamoocow
i seem to have zubuntu booting up to the point were it ask for the login which it says on omegemoon to put root and not to put a password, then it says to type startx ,but when i do it comes up with,,,,,,,,,   -bash: startx: command not found .Can anybody help????????

Regards

whykick
Given your previous errors from tar I would suspect an incomplete installation. Download the tarballs again - and check their md5 sums - using:
 md5sum filename (on your Ubuntu PC)
the values should match those cortez lists on his blog beside the files (you could check the md5sum for the files you have already). If they don't match exactly then the tarballs are either corrupt or incomplete.

best of luck
SL-C3000(Spitz) - pdaXii13 5.5alpha + sound enhanced kernel - MD in 1 great big partition -  Ambicom CF Wifi + USB Ethernet  and NOW Zubuntu on a 4Gb SD

whykickamoocow

• View Profile
Zubuntu Help
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 06:03:08 pm »
thought i best post this just incase its some interest to some people, the problems i had in the previous post have all been sorted out. The problem was that i was downloading the files on a windows box and then extracting them on ubuntu, it just didnt like it. In the end i did everthing from the downloading to the extracting on the ubuntu os and now it works a treat. Would also like to thank everybody for there help with it.

Regards

Whykick