Author Topic: Keyboard Replacement For Zaurus C-1000  (Read 5123 times)

nickk9

• View Profile
Keyboard Replacement For Zaurus C-1000
« on: January 07, 2009, 05:04:27 pm »
Hello.

I have a problem with my C1000 keyboard. Some keys do not work. I have to press hard several times on those faulty keys to make it react. I disassembled C1000 and found the flexible film keyboard inside which need to be cleaned (i tried without much success) or replaced. I wonder where can i order the replacement for it online? Tried most obvious sharp urls without any success.  

Thanks for any answers

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:18:02 pm »
I guess trisoft in Europe, dynamism in USA, or Conics in Japan might be able to help. Sadly, I think it might not be a cheap option.

that, or hope someone here has a broken C1000 or C3x00 whose keyboard is fine, and combine them.

while you're waiting, the Brando super-tiny usb keyboard would keep you working!
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

utx

• View Profile
    • http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus/
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 02:48:10 am »
I don't know the material of this keyboard, but most keyboards use silver or gold. Try to clean silver or gold.

If some wires are broken, you can repair them by classical pencil with graphite plumbago or with a conductive liquid glue (available in better electronic part shops).

timonoko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 08:12:55 am »
Quote from: nickk9
I have a problem with my C1000 keyboard. Some keys do not work. I have to press hard several times on those faulty keys to make it react. I disassembled C1000 and found the flexible film keyboard inside which need to be cleaned (i tried without much success) or replaced. I wonder where can i order the replacement for it online? Tried most obvious sharp urls without any success.

"Cleaning" is the worst thing to do. You just clean out last of the conductive material.

I have restored some remote-control keyboards by supergluing tinfoil on those conductive pads under each key. That
was quite easy to do.

TRIsoft

• View Profile
    • http://www.trisoft.de
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 08:35:00 am »
Hi,
if i remember it right, the keyboard flexible film is not available
as a seperate sparepart. It's a "unit", Sharp purchased from
Mitsumi with the PWB and film together.

Ask Brett at Conics, if he's able to get one from the spare part
center in Japan.