Author Topic: Zubuntu And Cacko?how?  (Read 8403 times)

axeTail

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« on: February 06, 2009, 07:27:10 am »
Hi how do I setup cack on a partitioned SD card? Zubuntu is running on the 1st partition.

thebaz67

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 09:14:22 am »
This is how I configured my C3100.

I installed cacko normally to the NAND.

I installed the patch avail here to remove the need for the part hard drive partitions:

https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=176430

Then I created a couple of partitions on an SD card, one to hold the Zubuntu OS and one to point to the install of cacko on the NAND.

All I did to get cacko working is in the /boot partition on the sd card was place the zImage file and the kerel-cmdline containing the text below

console=ttyS0 root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=sharpsl-nand:7168k@0k(smf),32768k@7168k(root),-(home) jffs2_orphaned_inodes=delete EQUIPMENT=0 LOGOLANG=1 DEFYEAR=2006 LOGO=1 LAUNCH=q


what this does is load the zImage file from SD then loads the rest of cacko from the internal memory.
SL-C3100 Zubuntu on SD | SL-C860 - Cacko 1.23
Proxim Harmony CF-wifi - socket 10/100 ethernet card - socket bluetooth card rev H

axeTail

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:31:09 am »
Thanks it worked. One more question. I have debian installed on the hard drive. What should the kernel-cmdline file contain to boot debian successfully? Thanks

Fatty

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 94
    • View Profile
    • http://
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:39:07 am »
Quote from: thebaz67
This is how I configured my C3100.
I installed cacko normally to the NAND.
I installed the patch avail here to remove the need for the part hard drive partitions:
https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=176430
Then I created a couple of partitions on an SD card, one to hold the Zubuntu OS and one to point to the install of cacko on the NAND.
All I did to get cacko working is in the /boot partition on the sd card was place the zImage file and the kerel-cmdline containing the text below
console=ttyS0 root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=sharpsl-nand:7168k@0k(smf),32768k@7168k(root),-(home) jffs2_orphaned_inodes=delete EQUIPMENT=0 LOGOLANG=1 DEFYEAR=2006 LOGO=1 LAUNCH=q
what this does is load the zImage file from SD then loads the rest of cacko from the internal memory.

Tks. It works for me also. I can now multiboot Zubuntu/Andromeda Debian/Android 0.9/Angstrom and finally, Cacko! Ha Ha  

In case anyone need, here is the kernel I used:
https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showto...st&p=178674


Quote from: axeTail
Thanks it worked. One more question. I have debian installed on the hard drive. What should the kernel-cmdline file contain to boot debian successfully? Thanks

I just copy the one from Zubuntu and Debian boots just fine.
C1000 - Empty, waiting for Sharp ROM.
C3100 - dualbooting Andromeda Debian from 2or0 and Zubuntu 2.0 from Cortez
iPhone 3G.
Kohjinsha - Win 7

Moad-Dib

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.baccello.fr
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 03:35:09 am »
Hello, i've a 3100 i've done the same manipulation :
Quote
This is how I configured my C3100.

I installed cacko normally to the NAND.

I installed the patch avail here to remove the need for the part hard drive partitions:

https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=176430

Then I created a couple of partitions on an SD card, one to hold the Zubuntu OS and one to point to the install of cacko on the NAND.

All I did to get cacko working is in the /boot partition on the sd card was place the zImage file and the kerel-cmdline containing the text below

console=ttyS0 root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=sharpsl-nand:7168k@0k(smf),32768k@7168k(root),-(home) jffs2_orphaned_inodes=delete EQUIPMENT=0 LOGOLANG=1 DEFYEAR=2006 LOGO=1 LAUNCH=q

what this does is load the zImage file from SD then loads the rest of cacko from the internal memory.

What does mean " and one to point to the install of cacko on the NAND. " ?
Because i've only create on the SD card 2 partitions, one with Zubuntu and one empty named cacko with etx3 as filesystem.

thanks.

Fatty

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 94
    • View Profile
    • http://
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 01:20:51 pm »
Quote from: Moad-Dib
Hello, i've a 3100 i've done the same manipulation :

What does mean " and one to point to the install of cacko on the NAND. " ?
Because i've only create on the SD card 2 partitions, one with Zubuntu and one empty named cacko with etx3 as filesystem.

thanks.

The 'real' cacko system is indeed on NAND. We only need a small partition on SD/CF to hold the cacko/sharp kernel, distro description and boot parameters (which tell the boot loader to boot the 'real' cacko on NAND).
C1000 - Empty, waiting for Sharp ROM.
C3100 - dualbooting Andromeda Debian from 2or0 and Zubuntu 2.0 from Cortez
iPhone 3G.
Kohjinsha - Win 7

agosine

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 123
    • View Profile
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 09:21:50 pm »
Can anyone tell me how these lines would change for a C1000?  I would like to run Cacko off the main memory and try other OSs off my SD card.

console=ttyS0 root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=sharpsl-nand:7168k@0k(smf),32768k@7168k(root),-(home) jffs2_orphaned_inodes=delete EQUIPMENT=0 LOGOLANG=1 DEFYEAR=2006 LOGO=1 LAUNCH=q

The help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 09:36:00 pm by agosine »
SL5500 running nothing.  Will not hold a charge.  =(
C1000 running Sharp ROM

Moad-Dib

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.baccello.fr
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 02:37:32 am »
Quote
The 'real' cacko system is indeed on NAND. We only need a small partition on SD/CF to hold the cacko/sharp kernel, distro description and boot parameters (which tell the boot loader to boot the 'real' cacko on NAND).

Thanks Fatty,
What do i insert in the cacko's partition on SD/CF ?

Thank you.

Fatty

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 94
    • View Profile
    • http://
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 08:39:17 pm »
Quote from: agosine
Can anyone tell me how these lines would change for a C1000?  I would like to run Cacko off the main memory and try other OSs off my SD card.

console=ttyS0 root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=sharpsl-nand:7168k@0k(smf),32768k@7168k(root),-(home) jffs2_orphaned_inodes=delete EQUIPMENT=0 LOGOLANG=1 DEFYEAR=2006 LOGO=1 LAUNCH=q

The help is appreciated.

Same. It works for both of my C1000 (booting Sharp ROM) & C3100 (booting Cacko).
C1000 - Empty, waiting for Sharp ROM.
C3100 - dualbooting Andromeda Debian from 2or0 and Zubuntu 2.0 from Cortez
iPhone 3G.
Kohjinsha - Win 7

Fatty

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 94
    • View Profile
    • http://
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 08:51:34 pm »
Quote from: Moad-Dib
Quote
The 'real' cacko system is indeed on NAND. We only need a small partition on SD/CF to hold the cacko/sharp kernel, distro description and boot parameters (which tell the boot loader to boot the 'real' cacko on NAND).

Thanks Fatty,
What do i insert in the cacko's partition on SD/CF ?

Thank you.

Three files.

image.nfo (text file containing only a name of the distro)
zImage (kernel image. Take a look at post #4)
kernel-cmdline (kernel boot parameter. The heart of this entire thread!)

Don't forget to do the patch mentioned in post #2.
C1000 - Empty, waiting for Sharp ROM.
C3100 - dualbooting Andromeda Debian from 2or0 and Zubuntu 2.0 from Cortez
iPhone 3G.
Kohjinsha - Win 7

Moad-Dib

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.baccello.fr
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 02:56:20 am »
Thanks Fatty,

it works

but i don't have anymore the /hdd3 partition with fat 32 file system on my cacko.

Bye

Moad-Dib

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.baccello.fr
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 05:25:38 am »
Quote from: Moad-Dib
Thanks Fatty,

it works

but i don't have anymore the /hdd3 partition with fat 32 file system on my cacko.

Bye
Sorry,

i still got it ; i've done a " mount -a ".

Thank again

agosine

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 123
    • View Profile
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 03:44:42 pm »
Hi Fatty.  Thank you for the quick reply.  I will be trying this over the weekend.
SL5500 running nothing.  Will not hold a charge.  =(
C1000 running Sharp ROM

adf

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2807
    • View Profile
    • http://
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 03:25:11 am »
I'm having the stuck on the blue "loading cacko and qtopia screen. Any suggestions? D&M nand utils of some kind reflash cacko? I'd like to get this going, mostly for eviljazz's audio updates.

Zubuntu (jaunty) is running great, though.
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

mjiba

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Zubuntu And Cacko?how?
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 11:57:14 am »
Don't know which Cacko kernal you are using (in Cacko partition of SD), but I was not able to get past the "loading Cacko..." screen using eviljazz's kernals.  

I was able to load Qtopia using the kernal link above (post # 4 by Fatty).  
Although it let me boot into Cacko, I then had the problem of never being able to fully suspend in Cacko (my screen would go blank but backlight remained on).  I posted not too long ago to see if anyone else experienced this, but I seem to be the only one.  Perhapes you will have more success!

good luck!
C1000 dual boot cacko 1.23-full on NAND and Zubuntu v1 on SD
C1000 pdaxii13 V2 Full hd image on SD
5500 tkc rom-1.0 with home on SD