Author Topic: Error Accessing "playing With Python" Page  (Read 13093 times)

mars

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
    • View Profile
Error Accessing "playing With Python" Page
« on: March 30, 2009, 09:03:04 pm »
I was perusing the OESF wiki, and noticed that the "Playing with Python" page has an error when I tried to access it:

https://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=Playing_with_Python

Precondition Failed

The precondition on the request for the URL /index.php evaluated to false.
Apache/2 Server at www.oesf.org Port 80
C-3100 (reaquainting myself with Cacko) / Nokia 810 / Nokia N800 / Asus eeePC
Previously owned: SL-5500 / SL-5600 / SL-6000L / C-860 / Nokia 770 / Pepperpad 3

Meyer

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
    • http://papa.motd.org/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi
Error Accessing "playing With Python" Page
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:15:40 am »
We've encountered a similar problem before. It seems that certain article text sequences (a three-period ellipsis) cause the PHP interpreter to barf. I've tried editing the page in question and replacing the ellipses with &hellip entities, but the page is still generating errors. However, the page is displayable if you enter via the revision history page: https://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=Playin...amp;oldid=11024. Check it out.

I will keep this problem in mind, but it's hard to tell when I'll have time to do the research to really solve it.
David Meyer, Takarazuka, Japan
1. Zaurus iGeti MI-P10-S (retired)
2. "Liza" Zaurus SL-C860, Sharp ROM 1.31 JP R.I.P.
3. "Slee 2" Zaurus SL-C860, Sharp ROM 1.40 JP (retired)
4. "iZa" Zaurus SL-C1000, Sharp ROM 1.01 JP

tux

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 438
    • View Profile
    • http://
Error Accessing "playing With Python" Page
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:08:03 pm »
Quote from: Meyer
We've encountered a similar problem before. It seems that certain article text sequences (a three-period ellipsis) cause the PHP interpreter to barf. I've tried editing the page in question and replacing the ellipses with &hellip entities, but the page is still generating errors. However, the page is displayable if you enter via the revision history page: https://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=Playin...amp;oldid=11024. Check it out.

I will keep this problem in mind, but it's hard to tell when I'll have time to do the research to really solve it.

The page is now accessible without needing any tricks....
3200 aka BigZ, swapped in 16GB Sandisk Extreme III CF, Cacko 1.23 full,  new SDHC >2GB module,
SL860 Cacko 1.23 full, new SDHC >2GB module,
6000L SharpRom 1.12 + Tetsu kernel,
5500 TKC home on SD x 2 (with SD>1GB),
Archos PMA30 with OPEN PMA (Giraffe),
Nokia 770 (Hackers Edition)
Nokia 800 (ITOS 2008), 4GB SDHC x 2
Asus eeepc 4G (black), with 1GB ram, dual boot Xandros on SSD with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on 16 GB SDHC,
Tmobile G1 Android (black), with Cyanogen's  Firerat's MTD script and Amon Ra Recovery 1.7.0
Tmobile HTC Wildfire.. rooted and on Cyanogen's 7.3 nightly Rom
Kopi/Kapi on everything bar the phone and the Nokias, there is a beta for the nokias...

All the above are retired

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!