Author Topic: web hosting ...  (Read 12947 times)

ScottYelich

• View Profile
    • http://www.zaurususergroup.com/modules.php?opmodload&namephpWiki&filei
web hosting ...
« on: October 16, 2003, 02:19:47 pm »
I don\'t really have much of my old abilities in place such as dns, webhosting, etc...
but I have been collecting backgrounds, etc... and when I get a little web server up,
I\'ll post a link here for backgrounds.

One thing I notice is that with sharp/cacko -- the icon font is black... so dark background
don\'t really work that well.  Also, under OZ, it\'s possible to have a different picture
under each tab (or is that opie?) ... I miss that a little.

Scott

offroadgeek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.oesf.org
web hosting ...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 02:10:20 am »
I don\'t really have much of my old abilities in place such as dns, webhosting, etc... but I have been collecting backgrounds, etc... and when I get a little web server up, I\'ll post a link here for backgrounds.

there\'s plenty of space on the zug server, and you can upload files directly in our downloads section.  You can upload c7x0 themes here.  Just click the \'add download\' link at the top.

I currently use a couple of free pics from digitalblasphemy.  These look great on the 760!  Unfortunately because of copyrights I cant put them into the downloads section.

One thing I notice is that with sharp/cacko -- the icon font is black... so dark background don\'t really work that well.  Also, under OZ, it\'s possible to have a different picture under each tab (or is that opie?) ... I miss that a little.
Scott

with the sharp roms (and those built off them) you can shade the text (make it white).  In the appearance app, under the \'design\' tab, just tic the \'shade text\' checkbox.
Search the OESF Wiki
C1000 w/Cacko 1.23 beta (from Streamline) / 760 pdaxrom rc9 / 6000L (thanks Santa's elf!) / 5500 - OZ 3.3.5 / SIMpad SL4
1GB, 256mb SanDisk CF / 2x 1GB, 512mb, 256mb, 128mb SanDisk SD
Ambicom WL100C-CF wifi / Socket 56k CF modem / AmbiCom BT2000-CF (x2)
Pocketop keyboard, Piel Frama case (1000 & 5500), PDAir case (760 & 1000)
sip:536093@fwd.pulver.com
| OESF | ELSI | Zaurus User Group | ZaurusThemes |

ScottYelich

• View Profile
    • http://www.zaurususergroup.com/modules.php?opmodload&namephpWiki&filei
web hosting ...
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 11:14:49 am »
Ya, I found the shade option -- I wasn\'t sure what it did, really.

Also, the problem with many backgrounds is that all white text or all black text
may have spots on the background there it\'s not very visible, etc.  It\'s probably
true for any color, but white/black seem to be the only choice with the sharp-based
roms.

I also found zaurusthemes.com -- it\'s a little bit slow... but it\'s there.

I\'ll probably upload some things here too.

Scott