Author Topic: Fluxbox 1.0.0 Ipk Released  (Read 11502 times)

ToneBlind

• View Profile
Fluxbox 1.0.0 Ipk Released
« on: July 15, 2009, 10:28:29 pm »
I finally set up the crosscompilation SDK, and this is my first release. Everything works out of the box. Fluxbox 1-0-0 is even faster than the 0.9 branch, and it loads every possible style, even pixmap styles. And they load faster too.
I have tested this in a SL-C1000 running pdaXii13, but it should work equally well in pdaXrom Beta1 or Beta3. Not sure about other versions, please let me know if you encounter any problems.

To enable autorotate when the screen is twisted, just add this line to ~/.fluxbox/keys:
Code: [Select]
None XF86RotateWindows :ExecCommand rotate.shThis works with the rotate.sh script in pdaXii13, I don't know if pdaXrom has that same script. If you have problems, again let me know. I can post the contents of the rotate.sh script if necessary (it's just about 10 lines of code.)

Enjoy!

ToneBlind

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 08:36:41 pm »
To simulate the keypress of F11 and F12 (via Alt Home and Alt Menu respectively) add these two lines to your ~/.fluxbox/keys file:

Code: [Select]
Mod1 XF86LaunchD :ExecCommand xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[F11]'
Mod1 XF86Start :ExecCommand xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[F12]'

Some applications have shortcuts mapped to F11 or F12 (in particular, F11 is mapped in many applications to "Full Screen", for example kchmviewer. The problem is that if you select "Full Screen" from the menu, then you can't return unless you open a terminal and bring it to the front, and then kill the kchmviewer process. This solves this problem.

RX Shorty

• View Profile
    • http://www.lindoboom.nl
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 02:15:39 pm »
Nice going to try this weekend on my C860, this is going to work on beta 1?
Owning a Zaurus SL-C860, SL-C3200, SL-6000, Netwalker
Got the GPD Win!

ToneBlind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 04:10:57 pm »
Quote from: RX Shorty
Nice going to try this weekend on my C860, this is going to work on beta 1?
It should work with no problem, yes. Beta 1 has a 2.4 kernel, right?

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues when you install it.

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 08:50:57 pm »
For clarification, it shouldn't matter which kernel is being run. Issues arise with different glibc versions, which also changed between beta3 and beta4/r1xx.
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo

ToneBlind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 12:16:17 am »
Quote from: Capn_Fish
For clarification, it shouldn't matter which kernel is being run. Issues arise with different glibc versions, which also changed between beta3 and beta4/r1xx.
Thanks for clarifying that, Capn.

By the way, I think you had migrated from Fluxbox at some point due to issues with right click on the desktop not working or something like that, didn't you? Maybe there's a way to get you back into the fold.    Right click (root menu) works out of the box. The Workspaces menu (middle click on desktop) is not working, although the middle mouse works (for example when using tabbing), and it is being registered properly by xev. I think something else in the pdaXii13 infrastructure must be interfering with the middle mouse click registering in the root window. The way I have solved the problem is by mapping the Workspaces menu to Ctrl + Mouse1, and it works just as well.

Thanks for putting all the work that you put so far in compiling packages and fixing issues, by the way, all your efforts are much appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:17:59 am by ToneBlind »

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 04:07:39 pm »
Yeah, I've been using Fluxbox on my N810, and right/middle clicking is a breeze. I should probably give EvilWM a go on it, but the keyboard is crummy enough that I don't really want to.

Fixing things is the easy part. I do it when things annoy me, and sharing how to do it is trivial.

ToneBlind

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 06:48:35 pm »
Yeah, I've been using Fluxbox on my N810, and right/middle clicking is a breeze. I should probably give EvilWM a go on it, but the keyboard is crummy enough that I don't really want to.

Fixing things is the easy part. I do it when things annoy me, and sharing how to do it is trivial.
I've been thinking about getting an N810 myself. I love the Zaurus, but I think I got to the party a little late, and the interest has shifted elsewhere. But I get the impression that the N810 is less hackable than the Zaurus. Can you even install Ubuntu or Debian on it? It's a tempting machine, but I would like to actually be able to put on it something else than Maemo/Mer.

I have also been looking for forums on the N810, and there doesn't seem to be anything close to the caliber of this forum. Do you know of any?

mars

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 09:35:47 am »
Quote from: ToneBlind
I have also been looking for forums on the N810

You will find that http://talk.maemo.org is a fairly active forum.
C-3100 (reaquainting myself with Cacko) / Nokia 810 / Nokia N800 / Asus eeePC
Previously owned: SL-5500 / SL-5600 / SL-6000L / C-860 / Nokia 770 / Pepperpad 3

mars

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 09:52:00 am »
Yeah, I've been using Fluxbox on my N810, and right/middle clicking is a breeze.

Off Topic: Capn_Fish, would you mind giving a walk-through of how you installed and use fluxbox on the N810? The base Mer window manager kind of ruins the non-hildonized app experience. If you decide to post, feel free to move it to the oesf maemo forum.
C-3100 (reaquainting myself with Cacko) / Nokia 810 / Nokia N800 / Asus eeePC
Previously owned: SL-5500 / SL-5600 / SL-6000L / C-860 / Nokia 770 / Pepperpad 3

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 10:32:06 am »
Here you go: https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=26719

I've got some non-Hildonized Webkit and Midori .debs (N810-optimized!) that I'll post in the Mer section as well.

ToneBlind

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 06:59:50 pm »
Quote from: mars
Quote from: ToneBlind
I have also been looking for forums on the N810

You will find that http://talk.maemo.org is a fairly active forum.
I think I have been there before, but I'll check it out again. Thanks!