Author Topic: Video Playback On Your Cxx00  (Read 13543 times)

deluxe

• View Profile
Video Playback On Your Cxx00
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 06:16:40 pm »
Quote from: xamindar
Quote from: jakfish
I bought a 2000MaH battery for 15USD shipped from ebay/Hong Kong.  I imagine it's shown up but for complicated reasons, I can't get to my mail until the end of the month.  The price was right, though, if the thing did ship.
Let me know how that battery turns out. I have seen it as well and there is also a website that sells them for $10 but probably a little more with shipping. I asked the ebay seller when these batteries were actually manufactured (because lithium-ion degrade even when not used). I did not receive a response so I took that to mean a bad thing and didn't bother buying any.

Probably better than my current situation though. My current battery (official Sharp 5600 battery) seems to last an hour or so, less if I watch a movie or connect to wireless. With the original C3100 battery my Zaurus will complain that the battery is dead and put its self to sleep as soon as I try to connect to a wireless access point.

I have bought several of those batteries over the years, still have 2 that I have never actually used. They work perfectly fine, seemingly identical in capacity to the original Sharp battery............and SO much cheaper. Last time I bought one was about a month ago, got it from an ebay auction BIN for $12 shipped.
Neill Currie
Hillsborough
Nh, USA.
---------
SL-C3100, Cacko "heavy" ROM.
SL-C1000, Cacko "heavy" ROM.
A SL-5500 with TKrom.
Ambicom and Symbol CF wifi, 8gb Seagate Microdrive, <4gb Transcend SD. Assorted other digital detritus.
---------
Owner of a Nokia n810 Internet Tablet.
Also a Nokia n800, and a 4th generation iPod Touch.
---------

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 08:26:06 am »
@ xamindar

I was able to finally get the battery out of the post office, and it appears to be a good one.  I get about 4 hours with wifi card on all the time.  Not bad, considering their physical size.  I just ordered another one, and I'm hoping for the same luck.

Jake

agosine

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 03:05:07 pm »
Has anyone used SUPER (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html) to encode videos?  What file type and encoding formats work with the Zaurus?
SL5500 running nothing.  Will not hold a charge.  =(
C1000 running Sharp ROM

xamindar

• View Profile
    • http://www.radnimax.com
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 04:41:14 am »
Quote from: agosine
Hi xamindar, can you post your mencoder script?  I have lots of tv shows recorded with MythTV that I would like to convert and take with me on my Zaurus.
So sorry I didn't reply to this. I read it then forgot about it. Here you go. It uses mencoder which is usually part of mplayer. Just make sure you have mencoder installed and you should be good.

One thing about it though. When I use it to encode HD content (very high resolution video) the framerate of the resulting video is a little strange. It drops frames on encode for some reason. Maybe there is a filter I can add or something but I haven't gotten around to it. Most resulting videos are great though.

just run the script like this:
zvidencoder.sh input output

It encodes with a width of 640 by default.
SL-C3100 happily Dualbooting Japanese Rom 1.02 and Debian Eabi
Replaced internal CF with 8gb seagate cf hard drive
Ambicom CF GPS
CyberPower battery powered USB hub
D-link DCF-650W (MAN THIS THING IS HUGE!!)