Author Topic: Which To Buy?  (Read 4778 times)

rarez

• View Profile
Which To Buy?
« on: October 01, 2010, 01:03:47 am »
I'm leaning more towards the PC-T1 because it has the bluetooth. But I hear the downside is the unit itself is a bit chunky from youtube video I saw.
Is the keyboard pretty hard to use on the PC-Z1?

What's your opinions and why?

All opinions appreciated
[Bought & Sold on OESF] Zaurus SL-C3100 running pdaXromiii3 - Netgear MA701 802.11b Wifi CF Card - 512mb SD Card

ptoki

• View Profile
    • http://
Which To Buy?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 05:16:02 pm »
Quote from: rarez
I'm leaning more towards the PC-T1 because it has the bluetooth. But I hear the downside is the unit itself is a bit chunky from youtube video I saw.

All opinions appreciated

Well. I find PC-Z1 quite usable.
I tried a lot of devices to find zaurus replacement (lifebook, oqo, nokia e61) and Netwalker settled perfectly for me.
Keyboard is a bit "rubbery" this meand not every keystroke is catched but I dont find it problematical.
I use netwalker almost all the time on the hand without placing it on table and its ok to type on that keyboard.

The biggest problem is battery. It takes 3-4 days to have it gone when device is suspeded into ram.

Just think how much you will type. The ugliest keyboard is better than on screen input methods (i didnt tried that sophisticated methods with dictionaries and nifty moving figures).
And I agree that lack of BT is really big dissapointment in PC-Z1. But it is easily fixable with usb BT dongle...

rarez

• View Profile
Which To Buy?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 08:10:33 am »
Quote from: ptoki
Quote from: rarez

All opinions appreciated

Well. I find PC-Z1 quite usable.
I tried a lot of devices to find zaurus replacement (lifebook, oqo, nokia e61) and Netwalker settled perfectly for me.
Keyboard is a bit "rubbery" this meand not every keystroke is catched but I dont find it problematical.
I use netwalker almost all the time on the hand without placing it on table and its ok to type on that keyboard.

The biggest problem is battery. It takes 3-4 days to have it gone when device is suspeded into ram.

Just think how much you will type. The ugliest keyboard is better than on screen input methods (i didnt tried that sophisticated methods with dictionaries and nifty moving figures).
And I agree that lack of BT is really big dissapointment in PC-Z1. But it is easily fixable with usb BT dongle...

Thanks for your reply probably will go with the PC-Z1.
[Bought & Sold on OESF] Zaurus SL-C3100 running pdaXromiii3 - Netgear MA701 802.11b Wifi CF Card - 512mb SD Card