Author Topic: Gpd Pocket Announced  (Read 17773 times)

HoloVector

• View Profile
    • http://
Gpd Pocket Announced
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 11:04:13 pm »
Wow!  That was hard to watch.  I wanted so bad to Geraldo Rivera him to knock sense back into him.    

I have to agree with him on one thing the keyboard looks terrible.
I think I'm coming down with what kahm's got!  I now have 3 Zaurii in house!  ;)
Current: Zaurus SL-C3200 -  Bobby (Configuring pdaXii13 Akita with Full 5.4.9 upgrade running IceWM)
Zaurus SL-C1000 - Hachiko (Configuring Cacko 1.23 with evilJazz's new kernel)
Zaurus SL-C860 - Fett (Customized Cacko 1.23 with handmade Boba Fett Theme)
Symbol WiFi CF card|Buffalo WiFi CF Card|Buffalo Ethernet CF Card|Red Piel Frama Case|PDAir Case|Black Pelican 1020 Case|Pentopia Stylii|SaruTek Protectors|Transcend SDs (4GB 150X, 1GB 80X, 256MB 45X, 128MB 45X)|2GB PNY SD|2GB SanDisk SD|Transcend CFs (1GB 80X, 512MB 80X)|Sandisk CFs (4GB, 512MB, 256MB)|256MB Netac USB-CF|RH-1 Remote
Check out the ScummVM@tyrannozaurus page if you are an "adventurer" type of person.

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Gpd Pocket Announced
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 11:53:18 pm »
Quote from: HoloVector
Wow!  That was hard to watch.  I wanted so bad to Geraldo Rivera him to knock sense back into him.    

Geraldo.....that's a good one.....

Any keyboard that small is going to have some compromises in the layout/design.

That's one part of the price you pay to have a pocketable computer.....along with a small display.
Silicon Valley Digerati - * Please see my Mini Laptops For Sale Listing *
Cosmo Communicator / One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 3S (Win 10/Manjaro 18)
Banana Pi Zero UMPC/Armbian
MacBookPro
Sold: C3200/N900/OQO/N5/Dell Mini9/Netwalker/UMID M1/

njefferies

• View Profile
Gpd Pocket Announced
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 06:31:46 am »
Quote from: ArchiMark
Quote from: HoloVector

Geraldo.....that's a good one.....

Any keyboard that small is going to have some compromises in the layout/design.

That's one part of the price you pay to have a pocketable computer.....along with a small display.

After my Zaurus SL-C1000 and the Fujitsu U810 it's positively spacious. I don't know what everyone is whinging about!

In my experience, I not seen anyone produce *good* content - code or docs - as fast as they can type, anyway,
Current: HP Omnibook 300, Dell XPS 13 Dev Edition, Samsung Tab S 8.4, GPD Pocket
Past: Compaq Concerto, Palm III, TRG Pro, Handera 330, Omnibook 600, AST Ascentia J30, Omnibook 800CT, Palm Tungsten T, Lifebook B2154, Zaurus SL-C1000, Lifebook U810