Author Topic: Planet says new Linux info today  (Read 6222 times)

• View Profile
Planet says new Linux info today
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 05:27:26 am »
Quote from: Varti
Someone asked on #planetgemini what's the purpose of the blue LED on some of the photos, does anybody know?

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Could it be a charging LED, or maybe is it the Caps Lock led?

Varti

From what I can tell it only comes on when I am booted into Debian Linux once I exit out of Debian the blue light goes out. I have asked if there was a way to disable it or turn it off but have yet to get an answer.

TheKit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 11:55:00 am »
Quote from: 1668880
From what I can tell it only comes on when I am booted into Debian Linux once I exit out of Debian the blue light goes out. I have asked if there was a way to disable it or turn it off but have yet to get an answer.
echo "7 0 0 0 " > /proc/aw9120_operation to disable it. It should be Caps Lock LED, but is not functional as such in Linux.

Adam Boardman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 12:05:29 pm »
This can also effect the other LED's such as on the case:

The first number is 1-5 for the block of five, and 6 for the external power indicator, and then 7 for the internal one. The supported numbers for the colours are 0-3 for the level of brightness. The external ones support full RGB, the internal one only RB.

So for example:
echo "7 0 1" > /proc/aw9120_operation - turns the blue internal one back on
echo "3 0 1 0" > /proc/aw9120_operation - turns the middle outside one to green

Hopefully someone will wire these up nicely with some code to make them do the right things like low power and caps lock, incoming call etc.