Author Topic: microSD file system  (Read 2557 times)

geomannie

• View Profile
microSD file system
« on: March 05, 2018, 06:27:57 am »
Hi

I have tried a 128GD exFAT microSD in my Gemini but its not recognised and asks me to format it. I am not keen as it contains data. Does anyone know the file system that Gemini needs for storage? FAT32?

depscribe

• View Profile
microSD file system
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 11:11:38 am »
Quote from: geomannie
Hi

I have tried a 128GD exFAT microSD in my Gemini but its not recognised and asks me to format it. I am not keen as it contains data. Does anyone know the file system that Gemini needs for storage? FAT32?
Some devices (cameras come to mind) insist that cards be formatted by the device itself. I have no idea if this is true of the Gemini, but it would not be inconsistent with some other decisions made by Planet or the factory.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:45:36 pm by Varti »
dep

Atari Portfolio (yes, it still works and yes, I bought it new)
Libretto 110 CT (with docking station and all kinds of PCMCIA stuff)
And, now, a Gemini and, fortunately, a GPD Pocket

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.pocketnix.org
microSD file system
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 02:01:11 am »
Quote from: geomannie
Hi

Just formated a 256GB card i had laying around and set it as the internal storage and everything appears to be working once i migrated data across (used internal mode for sd card not external)
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

Gemini Order: #95 (roughly)
Current Device: Samsung Chromebook Gen 3
Current Arm Devices Count: ~30
Looking to acquire: Cavium Thunder X2 Hardware