Author Topic: Wired headphone remote issue  (Read 1105 times)

Grench

• View Profile
Wired headphone remote issue
« on: May 13, 2018, 10:36:52 pm »
Typing this on my Gemini.  Mostly doing well with it.  I found a set of wired Android compatible earbuds.  With the Gemini open, the remote works find for volume control, pause/play, next track. previous track.  Close the Gemini lid though, and playback continues but the wired headphone remote stops working.  Is there a setting somewhere to change the Android lid behavior so the wired headphone remote keeps working with the id closed?

Grench

• View Profile
Wired headphone remote issue
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 11:22:00 pm »
Quote from: Grench
Typing this on my Gemini.  Mostly doing well with it.  I found a set of wired Android compatible earbuds.  With the Gemini open, the remote works find for volume control, pause/play, next track. previous track.  Close the Gemini lid though, and playback continues but the wired headphone remote stops working.  Is there a setting somewhere to change the Android lid behavior so the wired headphone remote keeps working with the id closed?

A quick note on wired headphone remotes - Google voice assistant kills all functionality of the center button outright. So, it is either having Google Assistant running on the device OR being able to pause, play, next, previous song.  It took me nearly an hour to figure out how to turn Google Assistant back OFF so I could have the remote work at all again.

Still doesn't work with the Gemini lid closed, but at least I got Google out of the way again.