Author Topic: SFOS Whats working / What isn't  (Read 11133 times)

Ifanafi

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 187
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 11:58:52 am »
Forgive my making lite fun of your Sailfish setup experiences with this picture which popped into mind (seen below your posts)...!



Quote from: Wille
Quote from: Wille
Quote from: Wille
Quote from: Meganerd
I have been testing SFOS 2.1.3.7 on my Gemini PDA for a little over a week now as my main OS.
I finally got SFOS flashed (e.g. hanged in tutorial - not able to swipe back from gallery app). But now I can't see any phone settings, no mobile network selection nor SIM subfolder in Settings. No signal strength indicator either. And yes, I have working SIM card inserted and funtion in Android side.

SFOS 2.1.4.14 / 0.0.1+master.20180425220752.e3d6f1b.1 (reported by SFOS About product).
Image Gemini_x27_12062018 dowloaded 25.6.2018 from http://support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool.html

I have x27 version, and dual boot with 16GB Android / 40GB Linux split.

BR - Wille

There's no 'Mobile network', 'SIM cards' or 'Internet sharing' selections between WLAN and VPN, where those supposed to be. Why's that?

[img]http://gallery.oh5lep.dy.fi:7804/_data/i/upload/2018/06/27/20180627181805-58d3ee16-me.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-image\" /]

And replying to myself. It seems that ofono service is also in disabled state. So after enabling I can see at least signal strengt indicator and missing 'Mobile network' and 'Internet sharing' sections under Settings. But still no 'SIM cards'.

Code: [Select]
su-devel
systemctl enable ofono
systemctl start ofono

And after reboot all services that were enabled manually are disabled :(. Need more investigation.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:59:30 am by Ifanafi »

Meganerd

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 34
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 07:12:22 pm »
Quote from: Wille
Quote from: Wille
Quote from: Wille
Quote from: Meganerd
I have been testing SFOS 2.1.3.7 on my Gemini PDA for a little over a week now as my main OS.
I finally got SFOS flashed (e.g. hanged in tutorial - not able to swipe back from gallery app). But now I can't see any phone settings, no mobile network selection nor SIM subfolder in Settings. No signal strength indicator either. And yes, I have working SIM card inserted and funtion in Android side.

SFOS 2.1.4.14 / 0.0.1+master.20180425220752.e3d6f1b.1 (reported by SFOS About product).
Image Gemini_x27_12062018 dowloaded 25.6.2018 from http://support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool.html

I have x27 version, and dual boot with 16GB Android / 40GB Linux split.

BR - Wille

There's no 'Mobile network', 'SIM cards' or 'Internet sharing' selections between WLAN and VPN, where those supposed to be. Why's that?

. Need more investigation.

Edit: It seems ofono service can/should be disabled and some other service launced it. Anyhow, now I can receive sms, but not make calls. It says 'No network coverage' when trying to make a call.


That is really odd, you're actually missing "Cellular network" and "Internet sharing" options which would be between WLAN and VPN.
https://imgur.com/a/2y9PaHh

Perhaps you can flash 2.1.3.7 SFOS (same as me)?

salvomic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 290
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 02:38:06 am »
I've two WiFi network, for one SFOS didn't accept its long password, affirming it was wrong, it connected to the other, but when I installed Italian language, reconfigured all and then WLan doesn't connect...

salvo
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.
Psion Fans Italia moderator

Meganerd

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 34
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2018, 06:32:43 pm »
Quote from: salvomic
I've two WiFi network, for one SFOS didn't accept its long password, affirming it was wrong, it connected to the other, but when I installed Italian language, reconfigured all and then WLan doesn't connect...

salvo

Are you referring to your home WiFi network? (eg 2 seperate ESSID)
If so it sounds like you have a dual band access point, one network on 5Ghz and the other on 2.4Ghz.

I believe I saw a previous user post about not being able to join 5Ghz WiFi networks.
You best bet may be to try SFOS 2.1.3.7 or wait for SFOS 3.x release.

salvomic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 290
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2018, 06:37:01 pm »
Quote from: Meganerd
Are you referring to your home WiFi network? (eg 2 seperate ESSID)
If so it sounds like you have a dual band access point, one network on 5Ghz and the other on 2.4Ghz.

I believe I saw a previous user post about not being able to join 5Ghz WiFi networks.
You best bet may be to try SFOS 2.1.3.7 or wait for SFOS 3.x release.

I've two networks: main is the network from the operator, set to 2.4, then an Airport from that one, that is 2.4 and 5 GHz.

thanks
salvo
Gemini, Psion S5 and S5mx, iPhone, iPad, Huawei MediaPad M5, some HP calculators.
Psion Fans Italia moderator

yoram

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 12:54:01 pm »
The silver button actually send event to /dev/input/event1 - code 231

mapping this event as keyboard input via X11/xkb files does  not seem to work.
I suppose droid.qmap needs to be built with mapping of this event

which leads to question - where is the kmap source of this file ?

defunked

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 24
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 01:40:03 pm »
Quote from: yoram
The silver button actually send event to /dev/input/event1 - code 231

mapping this event as keyboard input via X11/xkb files does  not seem to work.
I suppose droid.qmap needs to be built with mapping of this event

which leads to question - where is the kmap source of this file ?

I was under the impression that SFOS uses the Wayland windowing system, not X Windows.  Maybe the X11 directory is still there for some backward compatibility?  I personally know very little about Wayland, but I suspect it might be the lead you are looking for to dig further in.

yoram

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 03:25:45 pm »
the HW keyboard layouts are read from X11 files
i managed to setup hebrew keyboard there

Meganerd

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 34
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 10:19:55 am »
Quote from: yoram
The silver button actually send event to /dev/input/event1 - code 231

mapping this event as keyboard input via X11/xkb files does  not seem to work.
I suppose droid.qmap needs to be built with mapping of this event

which leads to question - where is the kmap source of this file ?

Thank you for this. I am going to start playing with my Gemini again this week so I will see what I can do with that.

vader

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 285
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 06:32:44 pm »
Quote from: yoram
The silver button actually send event to /dev/input/event1 - code 231

Yep, I was going to write a small event listener process to monitor the "keyboard" and listen for the silver button. I have been busy with other things, but as they are now almost complete, I was going to look at doing something about the silver button. You can install and run evdev_trace to see the event codes returned by key/button presses.

yoram

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2018, 12:49:11 am »
in order to set an action for this event - do we need to right code or can we do it in droid.qmap?
 
I would really like  to help with this so I am asking again where can I find the gemini  specific sources for this, assumming the are some modifications on top of sailfish SDK

vader

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 285
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2018, 12:22:50 am »
Quote from: yoram
in order to set an action for this event - do we need to right code or can we do it in droid.qmap?
 
I would really like  to help with this so I am asking again where can I find the gemini  specific sources for this, assumming the are some modifications on top of sailfish SDK

I was thinking more of a simple event listener (for the button) which then invoked a dbus call to do something (eg. answer phone, start a program etc). You can run evdev_trace -t to see the events come in (I think you have to install evdev first). I don't use the SDK on PC, as I compile all my stuff on the gemini itself. I found tIDE useful to get the qml/packaging working.

yoram

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2018, 01:17:02 pm »
a separated event listener will probablydo the tricj. but we already have a process that listens to input events (lipstick via qt), if we can configure it to handle this specific event, wouldnt it be better ?

depscribe

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2018, 11:43:11 am »
Quote from: Dietmar Schwertberger
The Page.qml file has changed a bit.
The required modification to enforce landscape is now:
 allowed = Orientation.LandscapeInverted | orientation === Orientation.Portrait | orientation === Orientation.PortraitInverted
to:
 allowed = Orientation.LandscapeInverted
Thanks for this -- it mostly works. But the terminal is still upside-down. Being hesitant to break stuff, I thought I'd ask if there's a link to a way to fix this? I presume it's another QML someplace, but I've not yet gotten much of a sense of the Sailfish file structure.
dep

Atari Portfolio (yes, it still works and yes, I bought it new)
Libretto 110 CT (with docking station and all kinds of PCMCIA stuff)
And, now, a Gemini and, fortunately, a GPD Pocket

vader

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 285
    • View Profile
SFOS Whats working / What isn't
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2018, 09:25:39 pm »
Quote from: depscribe
Quote from: Dietmar Schwertberger
The Page.qml file has changed a bit.
The required modification to enforce landscape is now:
 allowed = Orientation.LandscapeInverted | orientation === Orientation.Portrait | orientation === Orientation.PortraitInverted
to:
 allowed = Orientation.LandscapeInverted
Thanks for this -- it mostly works. But the terminal is still upside-down. Being hesitant to break stuff, I thought I'd ask if there's a link to a way to fix this? I presume it's another QML someplace, but I've not yet gotten much of a sense of the Sailfish file structure.

Meganerd recompiled the terminal for gemini which rotated the display, but (like the original terminal) it has a problem with the cursor being graphically out of alignment with the text on long lines. I installed "toeterm" from openrepos and that doesn't have the cursor issue. I just checked and I didn't have to modify any qml either. If you ever want to modify qml, they exist in:

/usr/share/<package_name>[/qml]

eg. toeterm is:

/usr/share/toeterm/qml

You can modify the qml in there to change the look and feel. I always keep backups in case things go wrong. If things are upside down, just search for Landscape, or Orientation and change Landscape to LandscapeInverted.