Author Topic: The Gemini 4G will not work on Verizon Wireless' Network  (Read 2350 times)

MikeC

• View Profile
The Gemini 4G will not work on Verizon Wireless' Network
« on: July 02, 2018, 12:42:00 pm »
The Gemini will not function on the Verizon Wireless network, because it is not on their approved device list. Only manufacturers can add devices to this list, so if you want to use your gemini on the Verizon Wireless network, contact Planet Computers LTD and ask that they work with Verizon to make this happen.

MikeC

• View Profile
The Gemini 4G will not work on Verizon Wireless' Network
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 06:24:28 pm »
[quote name='Ifanafi' date='Jul 3 2018, 11:11 AM' post='288407']
Despite some minor issues that I resolved through playing around with various free and paid apps and their settings, my Verizon SIM (Gemini 4G WiFi, US keyboard) now makes and receives calls and texts... without errors / problems.

I eventually realized after trial and error testing of the top ten rated phone and text apps, that using Verizon's Messenger+ app (requires "activate"via settings) and the free version of the TruePhone dialer and contacts app work together well.

In short, most tested dialer apps interfered / didn't play well with most text / SMS apps tried together and vice versa on my Gemini.

Oh, by the way, look first for your preferred apps at ApkPure such as FIrefox because apps there are cleaner, "pure" versions.

Ifanafi

UPDATE: Verizon's SIM connected to the Verizon network (SIM 1) and worked immediately since installation, but not without an adjustment or two when testing phone dialer and text SMS apps... as I have been doing.

IMHO, Verizon custo / tech support is USELESS. Do not waste your time seeking assistance for your Gemini. Many answers to issues / questions can been found online when querying the brand / model of phone the Verizon SIM card occupied before the Gemini, and the phone or SMS app, which I've found can cause connection problems.

Hmm.  With the Verizon SIM from my Nexus5x, I can receive calls, but cannot make them. I can send texts, but not receive them.  When I try to make a
call using the default dialer on the Gemini, I get an error message "Server Unreachable", and the call doesn't go through. The phone's status bar shows VoLTE and 4G. I suspect the gemini is trying to use VoLTE, and that's the source of the "Server Unreachable" message.

I contacted Verizon support, which put me through to the next tier of support.  They told me the Gemini will not work properly without Verizon working with Planet Computers regarding such things as Access Point Names and other settings which they wouldn't specify.

What dialer app and texting app did you find that worked on the gemini?

Thanks.