Author Topic: Help with Flashing please  (Read 2844 times)

sbsshadow

• View Profile
Help with Flashing please
« on: August 08, 2018, 08:42:02 am »
Hi

So im plugging in the USB C cable into the right hand side socket, tried both lol, and its not doing anything, or not recognized at all

Im trying to flash with Android as my Gemini is rooted and I want it unrooted as I cant run my banking apps, I was told by the person that I bought it off that it was rooted, and yet I get permission denied when typing SU in terminal, and downloaded root checker apps say that it is not rooted, but yet my banking apps still will not load

Any suggestions as to what im doing wrong ?

Or is there a way to unroot it without flashing ?

Thank you

Stephen
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 09:09:30 am by sbsshadow »

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 10:26:40 am »
Have you installed and run Magisk Manager (make sure you use the Magisk link provided in Gemini flashing instructions)?

Sounds as if the seller did a factory reset of the machine which would've removed Magisk and thus removed the final step for complete root.

Jake
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:29:31 am by jakfish »

sbsshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 11:38:30 am »
Quote from: jakfish
Have you installed and run Magisk Manager (make sure you use the Magisk link provided in Gemini flashing instructions)?

Sounds as if the seller did a factory reset of the machine which would've removed Magisk and thus removed the final step for complete root.

Jake

Thank you, but its as if it dosnt even recognise that its connected to a pc

sbsshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:17:55 pm »
I want to remove root, but as I said its as if the pc cant see the Gemini

any  suggestions please ?

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 03:31:15 pm »
If your issue is that you can't do banking, and you can't find the right help for unrooting, you might try what I suggested: install Magisk (from the proper link), which will truly root your device--and from there, you should be able to do your banking.

I'm rooted and I can do banking. That's one of Magisk's selling points as opposed to Supersu and other apps.

But it's unclear if you are truly rooted and when I myself recently  looked for help to unroot, the pickings were lean and I ended up sticking with root.

Flashing is tricky, especially a reflash (you may need the scatter file from the seller), and there is more that can go wrong than can go right.

We're all sort of figuring it out as we go along, which is why help or even coherent instructions is hard to find.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 03:34:18 pm by jakfish »

sbsshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 04:36:29 pm »
If your issue is that you can't do banking, and you can't find the right help for unrooting, you might try what I suggested: install Magisk (from the proper link), which will truly root your device--and from there, you should be able to do your banking.

I'm rooted and I can do banking. That's one of Magisk's selling points as opposed to Supersu and other apps.

But it's unclear if you are truly rooted and when I myself recently  looked for help to unroot, the pickings were lean and I ended up sticking with root.

Flashing is tricky, especially a reflash (you may need the scatter file from the seller), and there is more that can go wrong than can go right.

We're all sort of figuring it out as we go along, which is why help or even coherent instructions is hard to find.

ok, that's fantastic advice, thank you

I will try to install that

Stephen

sbsshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 04:57:16 pm »
I installed Magisk, and selected install and it installed and loaded the .zip file, it then restarted and now when trying to load the barclays app i granted it full su rights and it just forces me to close the app, i have also tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again

any other suggestions please

Thanks you

Stephen

sbsshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 05:23:55 pm »
Thank you very much for your fantastic help, I have now got my barclays app working by using the hide feature

but the issue is that I use another banking app called TIDE

and unfortunately that isnt working, do you have any other advice for that ?

again thank you so much

Stephen

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 06:27:33 pm »
Well, good, I'm glad Magisk was the key. About Tide, a couple of things come to mind:

1) uninstall Tide app

2) download ccleaner or some other app that will thoroughly clear out your cache. Your Tide app may be remembering that at one time, you were only half-rooted. Figure out the best way to remove every vestige of Tide; there may be a better app for this other than ccleaner

3) reboot

4) reinstall Tide, but BEFORE starting it, check with Magisk that Magisk is safely hidden from Tide app

5) start Tide with fingers crossed

If this fails, I'm out of ideas for the app. However, can you access the Tide account through a web page? That's how I bank, I don't do the app.

Best of luck,
Jake

sbsshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 06:41:35 pm »
Well, good, I'm glad Magisk was the key. About Tide, a couple of things come to mind:

1) uninstall Tide app

2) download ccleaner or some other app that will thoroughly clear out your cache. Your Tide app may be remembering that at one time, you were only half-rooted. Figure out the best way to remove every vestige of Tide; there may be a better app for this other than ccleaner

3) reboot

4) reinstall Tide, but BEFORE starting it, check with Magisk that Magisk is safely hidden from Tide app

5) start Tide with fingers crossed

If this fails, I'm out of ideas for the app. However, can you access the Tide account through a web page? That's how I bank, I don't do the app.

Best of luck,
Jake

Fantastic, thank you, I will try that tomorrow

no, Tide is a app only banking, or you use the app to get in on the web hahaha

thank you

Stephen