Author Topic: Cant Upload JPG attachments to Forum  (Read 3394 times)

rubus-3.142

• View Profile
Cant Upload JPG attachments to Forum
« on: June 22, 2018, 03:01:40 pm »
Does anyone have the same problem - I am trying to upload a JPG to "Gemini PDA - Accessories - Pouches/Covers" but it gets stuck at "Uploading File....." with a spinning wheel

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 06:59:10 pm »
Hi,
thanks for pointing this out, sorry I didn't see this before.

I'm trying to test this right now with this reply. I haven't done it for so long I forgot how to go into the full reply/editor and upload a file.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Ok, I was able to upload and add it to the reply. let's see what happens when I submit this reply.

Paul
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 07:00:01 pm »
well, that worked for me.

do you have problems uploading files to other websites, e.g. Google Drive, Flickr, Google Mail attachments etc?
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 12:14:25 am »
Hi,

I have just made a test, and I have successfully uploaded (and deleted) a 4.3 MB JPG attachment to this post, on my slow ADSL connection I needed to wait approx. 30s for the upload to be concluded. Maybe that specific file you're trying to upload has a header which the forum has trouble recognizing, and it fails to exit the uploading stage. Could you please upload it somewhere else and provide a link to it here, so that I try to replicate the problem?

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!