Author Topic: DisplayLink?  (Read 2508 times)

Steven_P

• View Profile
DisplayLink?
« on: November 05, 2018, 07:08:42 pm »
I tried installing DisplayLink and hooking the Gemini upto a Sentio SuperBook (essentially a clamshell monitor and keyboard that should mirror a phone via a USB-C port using DisplayLink).
 I had no luck with either of the USB ports on the gemini PDA. Has anyone else tried this or something similar?

miked1541

• View Profile
DisplayLink?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 07:55:25 pm »
Quote from: Steven_P
I tried installing DisplayLink and hooking the Gemini upto a Sentio SuperBook (essentially a clamshell monitor and keyboard that should mirror a phone via a USB-C port using DisplayLink).
 I had no luck with either of the USB ports on the gemini PDA. Has anyone else tried this or something similar?

Hi Steven_P,

I am not familiar with the Sentio SuperBook, but I havee been able to use DisplayLink with the Gemini PDA in Android.  I used a USB-C to USB 3.0 Type A adapter.  Check out this post:

https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=35326

I also use an old Plugable USB Docking station, which uses DisplayLink, but ethernet doesn't work.  I ended up adding a separate USB ethernet adapter to one of the 6 USB ports that it comes with.  Also, the audio on the docking station works.  I'll have to look up the model #.

Miracast also works as an option as well for wireless displays...and you can charge at the same time!

miked1541
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:01:52 pm by miked1541 »

spook

• View Profile
DisplayLink?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 03:41:29 am »
I think miked1541 hit on the solution maybe. You need the DisplayLink App installed. The official app is the DisplayLink Presenter. there is also an unreleased app in development called  DisplayLink Desktop - which I use. Seems to work pretty well. I think the main difference is it supports multiple displays... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...mo&hl=en_AU

Having said that, I have not had as much luck as miked1541 on the RH USB port. I get a display, but it is flakey, cuts out sometimes or - more often - freezes. The LH port is fine though.