Author Topic: HDMI Output  (Read 3630 times)

MadMac

• View Profile
HDMI Output
« on: November 12, 2018, 05:49:53 am »
Hi!

Any information if the Cosmo will have a standard HDMI-Output so any USB-C to HDMI cable can be used? Or is the same cable required as for the Gemini?

Marc

gidds

• View Profile
HDMI Output
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 06:17:57 am »
Good question!

Other USB-related questions:
  • Will the Cosmo use the standard USB Power Delivery?  (Or just Mediatek's proprietary Pump Express, like the Gemini?)
  • Will the Cosmo be able to charge from a USB hub?
   Andy/
Psion 3a → Psion 5 → Psion 5mx → Gemini → Astro

Elevennails

• View Profile
HDMI Output
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 02:36:52 pm »
All is good so far I'm now working on the 20200117_1823.

I'm wondering what the requirements for the hdmi support are. I have a startech hdmi to usb c adapter but it doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone else been able to connect to hdmi? Is the planet hdmi adapter proprietary?

I've tried both USB c ports.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 02:39:05 pm by Elevennails »

mithrandir

• View Profile
    • http://www.mygnu.de
HDMI Output
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 04:58:31 pm »
Quote from: Elevennails

I'm wondering what the requirements for the hdmi support are. I have a startech hdmi to usb c adapter but it doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone else been able to connect to hdmi? Is the planet hdmi adapter proprietary?

Yes,  it is proprietary. Third party adapters are unlikely to work (never heard a success with Gemini or Cosmo). Displaylink should work, alternatively.

Elevennails

• View Profile
HDMI Output
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 06:14:34 pm »
Quote from: mithrandir
Quote from: Elevennails

Yes,  it is proprietary. Third party adapters are unlikely to work (never heard a success with Gemini or Cosmo). Displaylink should work, alternatively.

Do you think that will also be the case under debian. I know Samsung galaxy note 10 works with the starhdmi to usbc cable I have. So it sounds like its just a driver issue.

spook

• View Profile
HDMI Output
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 11:27:12 pm »
I think it's a hardware thing. From what I have read, the PC HDMI adaptor is wired specifically and will only work on the Gemini or Cosmo. Conversely, any other USB-C-HDMI adaptor doesn't seem to work. The only reason the DisplyLink adaptors work is because they actually have a small graphics chip inside them - so they don't rely on the host computer to send a display signal (AFAIK).