Author Topic: Unlock Cosmo with the keyboard  (Read 2186 times)

Omroth

• View Profile
Unlock Cosmo with the keyboard
« on: November 27, 2019, 05:22:03 am »
Hey guys.

I like to have my cosmo open on my desk, and I want to unlock it by quickly typing a password and not having to swipe or reach around for the fingerprint sensor.  Are there any options for that?

Thanks,
Ian

davidpin

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 06:27:01 am »
Yes - in Settings -> Security & location you can set a PIN / pattern (in addition to fingerprint) for screen lock - so that with the device open you can simply type a password.

I have also changed the screen lock time (increased from default 30 seconds) so that it does not lock as often.

And finally - if you have a bluetooth device you can set it up su that when connected the device will not lock (e.g. if connected to a smartwatch the device will not lock). Can also do similar based on location - e.g. do no lock when at home.

Omroth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 06:37:01 am »
Thanks David.

Unfortunately the password option still requires that I swipe the screen, and what I really want is to just be able to unlock with the keyboard without swiping... never mind.

NormMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 10:52:01 am »
Quote from: Omroth
Unfortunately the password option still requires that I swipe the screen, and what I really want is to just be able to unlock with the keyboard without swiping... never mind.

Do Esc to wake up the screen, then do Spacebar for the password dialog.

Fn+A will also fire up the password dialog, and then you will get the task switcher after you unlock.  (Spacebar-unlock just brings you back to whatever was on screen before you locked)

Omroth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 11:26:52 am »
Thank you!