Author Topic: Maximum possible DPI  (Read 1686 times)

mmbika

• View Profile
Maximum possible DPI
« on: December 17, 2019, 06:03:12 am »
I changed it from 375 to 450 in developer options and display became sharper, altough text became smaller. Just wondering is there a hardware/physical limit to what maximum value can be safely set without creating any issues?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 06:03:51 am by mmbika »

jutleys

• View Profile
Maximum possible DPI
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 11:04:15 am »
Quote from: mmbika
I changed it from 375 to 450 in developer options and display became sharper, altough text became smaller. Just wondering is there a hardware/physical limit to what maximum value can be safely set without creating any issues?

No need to go into dev mode use below

shift+fn+C/V changes the zoom level/dpi

NormMonkey

• View Profile
Maximum possible DPI
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 11:10:14 am »
The specs say that the hardware is 403 DPI: (from https://store.planetcom.co.uk/products/cosmo-communicator)

Internal Display

Type: 5.99" FHD+ (18:9)

Resolution: 2160x1080, 403 ppi

Not sure how accurate this is, but it is the same screen as the Gemini uses and a quick search reports 403 DPI for the Gemini on many sites.

I believe the value is just used to help with font rendering.  On mine it is 423 dpi but I've changed default font sizes to smaller.  

For those looking for finer control over font size than just the "small, medium, default, large, larger" this might be a good way to do it.

gymbo

• View Profile
Maximum possible DPI
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 02:47:43 pm »
On my Gemini I've changed it to 550 to get the most out of the screen real estate without getting things changed around too much. If I go higher Agenda (and do believe I got trouble with some other programs as well) will be more ore less useless, and I seem to remember that if you go above 600 the "software-buttons" on the right side of the screen will move to the bottom (at least on Android 8, as it is on the Gemini).