Author Topic: Agenda + Microsoft Exchange  (Read 2238 times)

iJacks

• View Profile
Agenda + Microsoft Exchange
« on: December 11, 2019, 06:04:31 am »
Hi Guys and Gals,

Has anybody got the Agenda application to display the calendar data from a connected Microsoft Exchange account?

It reads my GMail calendar just fine, but does not even give me an option to select the Exchange one.

The AirMail application is no good for me, as it only supports WebDAV (my host only supports EWS/ActiveSync) so I have to use the Google mail application.  But as that syncs contacts and calendar into the main android data I was expecting it to at least read from Exchange.

Jaykay1967

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 05:32:46 am »
I had the same problem.

In the accounts setting of the cosmo (not the settings of the agenda app) add the exchange account...i recall that it seem to have a gmail icon rather than an exchange icon which means I ignored it several times.

Anyways once you have successfully added your exchange account it will then appear in the agenda app as a calendar that you can sync.

Good luck.

Jay

iJacks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 05:26:46 am »
Quote from: Jaykay1967
I had the same problem.

In the accounts setting of the cosmo (not the settings of the agenda app) add the exchange account...i recall that it seem to have a gmail icon rather than an exchange icon which means I ignored it several times.

Anyways once you have successfully added your exchange account it will then appear in the agenda app as a calendar that you can sync.

Good luck.

Jay

Thanks Jay, it did finally work - though not till I updated the firmware.  Wonder if Agenda was updated?  Or I was just unlucky and it didn't see the account.  Now to try and get AirMail working...

Sailor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 10:17:56 am »
with my Gemini and outlook I was using software on my PC called "gSyncit" which worked always fine. it is synching from outlook via google to the phone.

Today I received my Cosmo... I wanted to go on like I did it with my Gemini but the agenda app does not see my google account/calendar...under preferences and synhed accounts there is only "PC sync" listed but not google account.

Anybody an idea how I can solve this?

best regards

Daniel W

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 09:19:33 am »
Quote from: Sailor
with my Gemini and outlook I was using software on my PC called "gSyncit" which worked always fine. it is synching from outlook via google to the phone.

Today I received my Cosmo... I wanted to go on like I did it with my Gemini but the agenda app does not see my google account/calendar...under preferences and synhed accounts there is only "PC sync" listed but not google account.

Anybody an idea how I can solve this?

best regards
I know I'm a month late, but in case this is still relevant to someone (it was to me yesterday), here's what I did. I signed in to my Google account via a web browser, went to my calendar there and made sure the calendars I'm interested in (in my case, for example, "phases of the moon" and "holidays in Sweden") were enabled. After that, I think I started the Google calendar app on the Cosmo.

As a slight aside, when started on the Cosmo, the Google Calendar app just showed a very barren week view, lacking both the "three dots" and "hamburger" menus. I could swipe in from the left to get the latter, but options to change the view were missing. It seems this is by design. Google calendar is very much intended for portrait mode, in which it has more features, but when forced to landscape, all that remains is a "tablet view" with very few options.useable).

Anyway, the Google calendar app did show the things I had enabled via the web, so even if it's too basic for my needs in landscape mode, technically it works. Now, I'm not sure if the calendars I ticked on the web immediately showed up in the Cosmo Agenda app (I think not). I seem to recall I was fiddling with the sync button in Agenda without seeing much else than a very faint rotating arrow slowly spinning until I gave up and went to bed at 2AM.

Today, however, I tried again, and now it synced. Yesterday I just had "PC Sync" under synced accounts in preferences, but now I have all the appropriate checkboxes. It seems certain changes sometimes needs a little while to propagate though all layers of Google. As another aside, I had a similar experience when installing some apps on the Cosmo from Google Play. Though the apps installed immediately, my in-app-purchases for those apps were missing at first, but, like, the next day, they were just there, and worked.