Author Topic: Gemini won’t charge  (Read 3212 times)

FredL

• View Profile
Re: Gemini won’t charge
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 09:04:45 am »
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I experiencing exactly the same problem.

@Paul H - did you manage to resolve this by replacing the battery?

Sorry, ignore, my Gemini seems to have eventually come back to life.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 09:25:07 am by FredL »

Roy KG

• View Profile
Re: Gemini won’t charge
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2022, 08:55:49 am »
I hope there is..... Needing a battery so soon is disappointing.

Mine has lasted a little longer but it has failed quite quickly, and considering how little it has been used it is certainly very disappointing!  Only a few days ago mine suddenly would not charge beyond 85% full and then the following day I used it until it had totally run out (thinking it might do a battery recalibration).  I tried to charge it up again but it would go no further than 58% and in fact if I left it longer it actually started dropping to 57% and then 56%...  Then whilst using it, while it was still plugged in to the charger, it actually lost charge!  I gave up once had dropped to 15%.  I've tried other chargers but to no avail.  On top of the fact that you could never do full proper backups (confirmed by Planet Computers) and the fact it failed to answer phone calls using the side button after only months, (it would only answer if it was open so you could click on 'Accept') I have now given up and it will be scrapped.  I'm not going to waste any more time or money on it.  It is such a shame as I considered it well made, especially for their first device, but the software never quite did what was promised and it was never well supported as they moved on to the Cosmos and Slide versions before really sorting the Gemini.