Author Topic: How do I remove the hinge?  (Read 1887 times)

Scoobiesnacks

• View Profile
How do I remove the hinge?
« on: February 09, 2020, 05:02:07 am »
My Cosmo arrived with a very big gap where the hinge meets the main body, and it's got worse since

I contacted Planet and they said it was potentially a user serviceable thing. I should just remove the hinge and reinsert it. Here's what they said:

"the hinge is user-serviceable, it's a bit like Lego. In this scenario, we would simply need it to be removed, and then put back into place.

If you are confident with doing this yourself, please open the clamshell, press the hinge from the sides until one of the sides detaches, and once fully detached, attack it back into place by starting from it's top side - the one pointing towards the cover display."

However I've been unable to get the hinge out fully and I don't really understand the above instructions.

Photo shows what it looks like when it arrived, it's far worse now.

I could return it to Planet for repair or exchange, but they are extremely slow to respond to emails, and I'm worried I may never see it again.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:24:00 am by Scoobiesnacks »

alix

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 08:12:01 am »
They tell you: "If you are confident with doing this yourself" -- if you are not, send it back to PC. I have sent mine back, and it has been sent to me four to five weeks after. PC is not very active at the moment, which should have to do with the Coronavirus flue, but they can repair or replace your phone in London provided that they have enough stock there. I won't be put myself at risk by doing it by myself, and would return the device.

Scoobiesnacks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 01:16:49 pm »
Quote from: alix
They tell you: "If you are confident with doing this yourself" -- if you are not, send it back to PC. I have sent mine back, and it has been sent to me four to five weeks after. PC is not very active at the moment, which should have to do with the Coronavirus flue, but they can repair or replace your phone in London provided that they have enough stock there. I won't be put myself at risk by doing it by myself, and would return the device.

Thanks

Who paid for the courier? Did they arrange pick-up?

alix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 02:07:02 am »
I have paid for normal postage to London from Europe, so it costs 9 Euro. They told me that they would fund me back, but actually I don't care. They pay for the back postage. I don't know what you mean with 'arrange the pickup'. I brought my cosmo to the post office, and got it back by DPD.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 02:15:43 am by alix »