Author Topic: Phone locking when closing lid  (Read 1931 times)

Zarhan

• View Profile
Phone locking when closing lid
« on: February 10, 2020, 07:56:35 am »
Hi,

is there some way to prevent Cosmo from locking itself when closing the lid while keeping the ability to lock the phone from the keyboard?

It seems that closing lid causes "power button" event to be sent to the Android.

I would prefer my Cosmo to lock itself when I explicitly lock itself from keyboard. If I have set "Power button: Immediate lock", I can lock the screen *either* by pressing fn+ESC *or* by closing the lid. I'd like to lock to activate only when either timeout has passed (I've set this to 10 minutes) or explicit button press, but not due to me closing the clam.

Is there a key to explicitly lock the phone that is *not* bound to closing it?

alix

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 08:31:36 am »
Do you mean: you want to lock your phone with your keyboard, but when you close your phone, you want that CODI remains unlocked? F.ex. I have locked my phone with a pattern. When my phone is open, and when it becomes locked after say 5 min., I have to trace the pattern with my finger on the display in order to unlock it. When I am closing the phone, the security immediately applies, and CODI is also locked. In my use case, I have not found any way to keep CODI unlocked while my phone is locked.

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 09:14:15 am »
Quote from: alix
Do you mean: you want to lock your phone with your keyboard, but when you close your phone, you want that CODI remains unlocked? F.ex. I have locked my phone with a pattern. When my phone is open, and when it becomes locked after say 5 min., I have to trace the pattern with my finger on the display in order to unlock it. When I am closing the phone, the security immediately applies, and CODI is also locked. In my use case, I have not found any way to keep CODI unlocked while my phone is locked.

Essentially, yes. Also, I have already, more than once, had the situation where I close the phone and then re-open it like 30 seconds later when I just pop by a coworker's desk to show something. I'd like the phone to wait for those five minutes before locking. However, I'd still prefer to have the ability to manually lock the phone when I know I'm not going to reuse it again right away. Same as I lock my workstation at office with WIN+L (Win 10) or home PC with Ctrl+Alt+L (KDE/Linux).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:16:18 am by Zarhan »

alix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 02:38:36 am »
We don't have the delay lock setting in the security settings, but only the normal sleep delay (settings --> display). You could try with a third application, or with the finger sensor of the phone (I have not tried it).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 02:38:59 am by alix »

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 10:00:20 am »
Found a solution..in the cover display.

I leave my automatic locking to timeout and have the "lock by pressing powerbutton" unset.

Despite this, on the CoDi you have settings menu item "lock android".

So I can lock my phone on-demand from Cover display with two touches. Works for me!

vldmr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 01:39:43 pm »
Quote from: Zarhan
Found a solution..in the cover display.

I leave my automatic locking to timeout and have the "lock by pressing powerbutton" unset.

I have the same settings, but my phone is still locked after being closed for few seconds. If I close and open it right away, it stays unlocked

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 03:09:06 pm »
Quote from: vldmr
I have the same settings, but my phone is still locked after being closed for few seconds. If I close and open it right away, it stays unlocked

I have my powersave/screensaver and automatic locking both set to 10 minutes now. Check both of those timers, can't think of anything else..