Author Topic: CoDi stays black  (Read 4112 times)

NVDSYPE

• View Profile
CoDi stays black
« on: March 08, 2020, 06:08:19 am »
Hello,
On my CC my CoDi stays black. When I reset CoDi it works for some time. I have the standard PCB with French keyboard lay-out. I wanted to know if you also have the same issue. Please say also which
PCB you got.
Greetings,
Niels

Vistaus

• View Profile
CoDi stays black
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 06:47:53 am »
I didn't have the issue in the first weeks (I don't have my Cosmo all that long yet), but it has happened a few times over the past few days now. Planet will release an update this month, maybe that'll fix it  As a workaround, you can reboot the Cosmo to bring the CoDi back to life again.

PCB: Standard
Keyboard layout: Dvorak
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:49:51 am by Vistaus »

Daniel W

• View Profile
CoDi stays black
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 07:16:18 am »
My CoDi tends to crash once per day or so. Sometimes it just stays off, other times it gets stuck on showing the Planet logo. In both cases I need to turn the CoDi off and on again from the Android notification shade, to make it work again. Annoyingly, this causes the CoDi to forget its brightness setting, so unless I'm ok with maximum, I need to set it again afterwards.

I have the "standard" EU/USA PCB and a Swedish/Finnish keyboard layout. I'm currently on the V19 Android firmware and 1.1.1.13 for the CoDi.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:16:59 am by Daniel W »

SwordfishII

• View Profile
CoDi stays black
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 09:20:42 am »
Weird. I can literally count on one hand the number of times it has crashed over all firmware versions. Mine is really stable and I couldn't tell you when it last crashed.

Zarhan

• View Profile
CoDi stays black
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 01:16:18 pm »
Quote from: Daniel W
My CoDi tends to crash once per day or so. Sometimes it just stays off, other times it gets stuck on showing the Planet logo. In both cases I need to turn the CoDi off and on again from the Android notification shade, to make it work again. Annoyingly, this causes the CoDi to forget its brightness setting, so unless I'm ok with maximum, I need to set it again afterwards.

This happens to me too. I've not become too annoyed by this as it's probably going to be much better after the next promised FW update. I've now taken a habit of rebooting the phone or CoDi after I wake up.

Sometimes the lock state also goes out of sync (so codi is locked, but Android is not). Then if I attempt to unlock the Codi, it won't let me because Android is still unlocked so it cannot actually do the verification.

As I said, I expect they have gotten at least some of this stuff fixed in their upcoming update. Mostly I'm just glad that they are going to fix the battery drain.

maki.jouni

• View Profile
CoDi stays black
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 03:03:22 pm »
Quote from: Daniel W
...Sometimes it just stays off, other times it gets stuck on showing the Planet logo...
Same thing here. I haven't been using CoDi at all, after few days of testing after update (V.13). Battery last much better when CoDi is disabled from Cosmo settings and Fenix6 will serve as 2nd display for me.
Cosmo Communicator (Fin/Swe), Mix2, Sony Xperia XZ & Z3, Nokia N900, Nokia PARSA, HTC Touch Pro, Qtek 9100, Nokia 6600 & 6210 & 2110, Mobira Talkman

NVDSYPE

• View Profile
CoDi stays black
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 05:24:41 pm »
Thanks a lot for your replies. I have the issue all the time. A reset works for a brief moment. The strange this is when I close the lid the external screen works for a small amount of time. I always have installed the latest firmware upgrades.

NormMonkey

• View Profile
CoDi stays black
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 01:25:39 pm »
I guess I'm lucky, I haven't seen this happen on my CoDi yet.  

On the other hand, I do see it happen quite often where the rocker LEDs get stuck on.  They should turn off when the CoDi is off, but they are often on all the time.  Usually blue, less often red.

Mildly annoying when the phone is on the table beside the bed.

NVDSYPE

• View Profile
CoDi stays black
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 02:14:23 pm »
I reported it to Planet Computers. Maybe in the next firmware upgrades it will be resolved.

Daniel W

• View Profile
CoDi stays black
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 03:18:55 pm »
Quote from: NVDSYPE
I reported it to Planet Computers. Maybe in the next firmware upgrades it will be resolved.
Good. That's all we can do for now, I suppose.

Quote from: NormMonkey
Mildly annoying when the phone is on the table beside the bed.
For that particular reason I tend to turn my CoDi off at night and leave my Cosmo in the open position on the night stand. For whatever reason, the LEDs seems exhibit more spurious activity when the Cosmo is closed. If nothing else, they're less visible when the Cosmo is open, should they activate anyway. It's not ideal, as the Cosmo is better protected when closed. To at least stop dust from settling on it during the night, I actually cover mine with a small cloth. Perhaps a bit obsessive, or maybe my bedroom is just rather dusty.

I hope the upcoming FW will cut down on the seemingly random activity. It shouldn't be that hard, I think. Basically, the CoDi shouldn't come on lest there is an event that, on another smartphone, would wake up the main screen, and the LEDs should stay off, lest there is a pending message or something of a similar urgency. Across many other smartphones I've seen, these behaviors appears to be, since long, mostly solved problems.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 03:19:52 pm by Daniel W »

Kamikaze Comet

• View Profile
CoDi stays black
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 01:55:04 pm »
Interestingly, my CoDi stays on indefinitely sometimes. I had to manually intervene such actions or it will not turn itself off. Very annoying.