Author Topic: v22 is coming this week  (Read 12350 times)

Vistaus

• View Profile
v22 is coming this week
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2020, 04:42:42 pm »
Quote from: cam1965
Quote from: Vistaus
We'll see, we'll see...

A question:

Why they don' t update Today or tomorrow if everything is fine now ? And only possibly on Monday ?

I hope this time the date is correct and we don' t wait a long time again.

Let' s see.

Most likely because the update is ready, but they still need the weekend to test the OTA deployment. Normally, companies achieve that by slowly rolling out OTA's to its users, which isn't always a good thing (see the Xioami bricked boots from earlier this year, for example). But Planet always tests internally and then rolls out en masse, or at least with the Cosmo (I've never had a Gemini PDA, so I don't know if their tactic was different back then).

cam1965

• View Profile
    • http://
v22 is coming this week
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2020, 07:48:24 pm »
Quote from: cam1965
We'll see, we'll see...

A question:

Why they don' t update Today or tomorrow if everything is fine now ? And only possibly on Monday ?

I hope this time the date is correct and we don' t wait a long time again.

Let' s see.

Most likely because the update is ready, but they still need the weekend to test the OTA deployment. Normally, companies achieve that by slowly rolling out OTA's to its users, which isn't always a good thing (see the Xioami bricked boots from earlier this year, for example). But Planet always tests internally and then rolls out en masse, or at least with the Cosmo (I've never had a Gemini PDA, so I don't know if their tactic was different back then).

OK.
Thank you so much for the explanation.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
v22 is coming this week
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2020, 05:40:33 am »
Isurus65's post about the new v22 has been moved to the related thread. Please post all the first impressions posts there:

https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=36275

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!